The CookingBites recipe challenge: oranges

Recipe - Orange Shortbread Cookies

20230120_160801.jpg

My #2 entry - Citrus marinated chicken tacos with a mango jalapeño slaw. Also a side of Frijoles Refritos.
I went for different heirloom corn varietals to make it interesting. The homemade tortillas are always the way to go IMO and delicious!

B1AAE5E5-D995-4062-9EAF-CDA6792D4E4C.jpeg

7B4ACD74-3C00-42E8-BB26-6DE003CC8949.jpeg

D92F679A-1F7E-448D-86F8-A9846E0CF26D.jpeg

Recipe - Chicken Tacos and Frijoles Refritos

Last edited by a moderator:
ED76C3BC-F330-4877-BACA-6D8384DF2243.jpeg

Kroger sells overly ripe fruit and vegetables for $1 per bag, of whatever they put in the bag. One bag contained avocados, and the other had a mix of peppers, with an orange in the bag for some reason. It looks like the scary peppers are holding the sweet orange hostage. You can probably guess what I'm making, but rest assured: that orange is now best friends with the peppers, and with the avocadoes.

Less than 10 days to go, let’s keep the recipes coming - I love oranges, so I love everything I’m seeing, and can’t wait to see more!

Seeing my recent energy levels I think the best I can do is an entry that's just for fun and not serious, because I am thinking of making speculaas cookies with orange zest (you know speculaas right TastyReuben ) but the mix is from a package except the orange zest. Still do think I will make them, fresh cookies are nice.

I thought I'd add the tempter to act as a reminder to write up the recipe when hubby's at work tomorrow (today is a big public holiday in Australia so he's been home all day).

I know it's a pretty much myself and maybe one other person who'd be interested in this, but hubby has already declared he will have it again. He will, tomorrow, but what he really means is that I can make it again in the future. Handy because I had to make the Chinese 5 spice mix so we have enough for the recipe to be made a few more times yet!

I thought I'd add the tempter to act as a reminder to write up the recipe when hubby's at work tomorrow (today is a big public holiday in Australia so he's been home all day).

I know it's a pretty much myself and maybe one other person who'd be interested in this, but hubby has already declared he will have it again. He will, tomorrow, but what he really means is that I can make it again in the future. Handy because I had to make the Chinese 5 spice mix so we have enough for the recipe to be made a few more times yet!
I think it looks great!

I think it looks great!
Thank you. I know the both miso and tofu don't feature much in many people's diet! I think I've only got 7 or 8 jars/packets of it in the fridge plus a homemade litre that's maturing in a cupboard somewhere... it's rather like cheese or chillies in that sense, different strengths, different maturity, different base ingredients etc, so I have a dedicated shelf in the fridge for the ones we've found we like. I'm still missing certain types such as barley miso and chickpea miso (my own isn't mature enough yet)... taking it which I still need to make another batch to get that going before too long as well. It will take about 18 months to mature minimum...

Back
Top Bottom