The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Paprika

P1060229fb.jpg

Haven't posted a recipe for this chilli con carne (lunch today), as am not sure if it qualifies as only used about a teaspoon of paprika in the whole dish. I think you guys in the US just call this dish chili?

Recipe added: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chilli-con-carne.15700/

Last edited:
View attachment 29980

Haven't posted a recipe for this chilli con carne (lunch today), as am not sure if it qualifies as only used about a teaspoon of paprika in the whole dish. I think you guys in the US just call this dish chili?

As long as it has paprika in its eligible really. It looks very good.

I've posted up recipes of my own in my own comps before now, and I'm pretty sure @morning glory has as well.
When I won my first challenge, I still posted recipes the next month. When I asked if I could vote for myself, SNSSO and MG chuckled warmly and politely said "NO". :facepalm:

So here is a contest rules question. I submitted a recipe for "Italian Goulash" that features Italian sausage and Trottole noodles. Others have posted recipes for "Pork Goulash" and "Chicken Smoked Paprikash". Two very similar recipes to my Italian Goulash. So the question is...Does my recipe entry violate the Challenge rules? Hmmmmm.

So here is a contest rules question. I submitted a recipe for "Italian Goulash" that features Italian sausage and Trottole noodles. Others have posted recipes for "Pork Goulash" and "Chicken Smoked Paprikash". Two very similar recipes to my Italian Goulash. So the question is...Does my recipe entry violate the Challenge rules? Hmmmmm.
It really doesn't matter that it's very similar. Identical may prove the need for a new rule but similar doesn't. Just meet the rest of the rules.

9B1B9410-53AD-444C-B754-E6273249DDBB.jpeg

Chicken Paprika Burger - I put a teaspoon of Hungarian paprika in this 5 ounce patty, and I wish I had added more. I was hoping for a ridiculously crimson burger, but this was more subtly colored. I resisted the temptation to add harissa (excellent though it would have been) to highlight the paprika.

I ground the chicken breast myself (of course) and used pickled peppers (which I pickled) in the mix to give it moisture, color, and flavor. This was a heck of a burger: I love how pan frying this chicken burger tastes like fried chicken. I retain the fat and add it to the grind for that reason.

To be repeated (probably with more paprika).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom