The CookingBites recipe challenge: peanut butter

Here’s an entry from me: Gado gado

This is the first dish I thought of when I saw peanut butter was the challenge ingredient - husband and I love this dish.
IMG_0757.jpeg
IMG_0758.jpeg

Here comes the first from me: Kka's Peanut Butter Pasta
This is a dish I make when I can't think what else to cook, and while the photos make it look all ordered and so on, it's actually something where I dump the ingredients into the blender as they come out of the fridge. The recipe is really easy to make, notoriously imprecise and the final flavour? Well it's up to you!
  • You can use ordinary white/red/brown onions if you like, and by all means fry them in oil if you want a sweeter result
  • You can add more garlic if you're a garlic freak
  • The chiles you see in the photo are Venezuelan sweet chiles (not hot at all, but with all the benefits of a fresh chile flavour). Use hot sauce if that's what you've got available - or leave it out altogether
  • Lemon peel/lemongrass/coriander: you can play around with these flavours as well. Personally I like a fairly pronounced lemony tang, which, if I've got lemongrass available, is the best option.
  • This version is vegetarian and only uses the sauce. If you want to add some cooked vegetables, or chicken, or pork, or shrimp, then feel free.
Peanut butter challenge 1.jpg
Peanut butter challenge 2.jpg
Peanut butter challenge 3.jpg

I might enter this: mainly the sauce, that has pb in it, but also the combination over turkey meat, that I managed to tenderize and it was as soft as a soft cooked potato (almost). I actually took notes after tasting, as it was good, it felt like a fail for a while. I was trying to feed myself the week over, but I had bought 2 jars of pb, so I experimented upon reading a ton of recipes...
20240319_125842.jpg

I found some tomatillos in the market the other day, so thought I'd use them to make a salsa verde and use some peanut butter as well. Peanuts are used a lot in Mexican cuisine. Stuffed Peppers with PB Salsa Verde
The salsa verde preparation was explained to me by a Mexican lady in DF, about 6 years ago. If you don't want to go through the bother of making the sauce, then just buy a tin or bottle of salsa verde (La Costeña, Hérdez are common brands) and take it from there.
I can't get Poblano peppers over here, so I had to make do with long, sweet peppers. Poblanos would definitely have been a better option. I stuffed the peppers with cheese, rice and tomatoes, because that's what I had in the fridge. If you want to stuff them with minced beef, or pork, or chicken, then be my guest.
I actually made far too much sauce so I sliced some potatoes, put them in the baking tray and let them cook with the peppers. Delish!!!

PB challenge 2.jpg
PB challenge 24.jpg
PB challenge 22.jpg PB challenge 23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom