The CookingBites recipe challenge: peanut butter

With a few exceptions this has turned into a peanut butter sauce challenge. Fine with me. The sauce recipes are amazing and versatile. I also like the recipes for sweets - Beignets and fudge. Yummy in my tummy. TastyReuben your cocktail recipe is over the top.
This will be a difficult challenge to judge.
Please keep the recipes coming.
:thankyou:

My last’un:

Confetti Cabbage Salad w/ Spicy Peanut Dressing

As I’ve stated earlier, I’ve no love for savory peanutty things, really, but one thing I enjoy about the challenges is branching out. It gives me a chance to make something I normally wouldn’t.

This started out promising (cabbage and carrots!), faltered a bit (peanut butter and…vinegar?), fell flat down (oh, the smell after sitting in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of hours!), then came back and finished…well, if not strong, then at least respectably.

MrsT tasted the dressing first and said, “Yuck! Sour peanut butter!”

Then I mixed it in with the vegetables and had her try that, and she said, “That helps…but not much.”

Then I let it sit in the fridge for a bit and had her try it cold, “Well, it’s better than it was, I guess.”

Served it with some Asian-flavored pork chops, suggested she try it simultaneously with a bit of the meat, and she said, “You know…that’s not bad…it’s actually pretty good.”

That worked out in the end, but I doubt I’ll make it again. There are too many other things we both like better.

I think the unappealing flecks are little bits of peanut butter that didn’t quite break down, probably because I used my stick blender instead of the food processor, idk.

I think the unappealing flecks are little bits of peanut butter that didn’t quite break down, probably because I used my stick blender instead of the food processor, idk.

Disqualified I say!!!!!!😆
Looks good Reuben, I’d eat that:wink: Something about some good cabbage with Pork that gets me every single time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken satay with peanut butter dipping sauce

20240324_180139.jpg

View attachment 111504

Hey… What’s that bowl of chili doing here? Don’t tell them, Mr. peanut butter!
When I was growing up and Mom would make chili (soup…we never called it just chili, it was always “chili soup”), we always ate it with a piece of white bread, smeared with peanut butter, folded over, and dunked into the bowl. Yum!

Peanut Butter Chili - I wanted to make burgers, so I got out patties that I had preformed earlier. But, my wife didn't want burgers. So, what did I do? If you're married, you already know the answer to that question. :laugh: But, just because I decided to make chili didn't mean I couldn't make my burgers. I cooked them on a cast iron pan, because I love the char that it creates. Just crumbling ground beef into a teflon pan doesn't come close to the awesomeness that derives from the maillard effect.

But, this recipe is more about the effect of peanut butter, and why it works so well in a chili.

Back
Top Bottom