The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

19 entries and we still have a week to go! I'm loving everything entered and its going to be difficult to judge. There is one thing missing so far though: seafood!

Pineapple has an affinity with seafood (amongst other things). And I love seafood...
I wondered when you'd get around to mentioning that.

I thought you were going to say pizza again! :wink:

You wanna know how poorly I view pizza topped with The Fruit That Shall Not Be Named (in the same sentence with pizza)? - I’d rather see a seafood recipe! 😱:laugh:
I'm with you on the pizza.

19 entries and we still have a week to go! I'm loving everything entered and its going to be difficult to judge. There is one thing missing so far though: seafood!

Pineapple has an affinity with seafood (amongst other things). And I love seafood...
I would think a Pineapple salsa would go nicely with seafood.

Guarapo de Piña
This is an easy drink to make which, surprisingly, uses the skin/peel of the pineapple. Nothing wasted!
It's probably an indigenous drink and is super-easy to make. This version ferments for a couple of days. You'll notice the little bubbles around the edge of the jar in the second photo.
However, you can ferment it for longer at your peril. I once had some which had been fermented for 10 days, at Carnival Time, around 35 years ago. Climbed up on top of the Carnival float and sang gloriously out of tune.

Guarapo 1.jpg Guarapo 2.jpg Guarapo 3.jpg

I thought you were going to say pizza again! :wink:

You wanna know how poorly I view pizza topped with The Fruit That Shall Not Be Named (in the same sentence with pizza)? - I’d rather see a seafood recipe! 😱:laugh:

I think both seafood and pineapple on a pizza would be lovely. And I may just do that...

Let's be clear. A "pizza" is, basically, a piece of bread.
Who "dictated" that a pizza has to have tomato sauce and mozzarella on it?
A Pissaladiere is, basically, a "pizza" and has neither of the two ingredients above.
A Catalan "Coca" might have Serrano ham and red peppers - but no tomato or mozzarella.
Ham and pineapple go really well together.
Seafood and pineapple also go well together.
So I'm with Morning Glory on this one. Make something different. Make something unusual. :cool: :cool:

Ham and pineapple go really well together.
Seafood and pineapple also go well together.
So I'm with Morning Glory on this one. Make something different. Make something unusual. :cool: :cool:
I don't like ham to begin with...that's not happening. I have made seafood pizza before with a creamy garlic sauce and it was quite good. I've had seafood with pineapple and mango before and it was edible but not outstanding.

I think both seafood and pineapple on a pizza would be lovely. And I may just do that...
OMG, as soon as I saw that you’d quoted me, before I read any further, I thought, “So help me…she’s gonna say she’s putting seafood and pineapple on a pizza!” 🎭

Back
Top Bottom