The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

Here’s what I did with one of those tuiles:

View attachment 102296
This is a photo of my husband's artwork a few days before I left home:
20230709_224006.jpg

Quick note to everyone - I had a little chat with Morning Glory earlier. She’s a bit busy with some home stuff, so I’m going to go ahead and add some days to the challenge deadline for her.

I’ll get that changed up top and let you all know sometime later today (must get supper started myself!), but the important thing is…deadline extended, go get those pineapples!

Deadline extended one week, to Sunday, 23 July.
Looks like I'll be doing something while here afterall. My SIL's mother hasn't been feeling well so SIL is staying in Puerto Rico until the 16th and I changed my return flight home to the 24th. The deadline change is great though as it gives me a chance to get over this cough. Thanks TR and MG!

Good! 13 recipes so far from 6 members and we now have 12 days to go (thanks to an extension). I'm really pleased to see a good mix of sweet and savoury recipes as well as cocktails. No pizzas entered yet so I might have to make one myself. :D

Here is a bit of possible inspiration from the wonderful Flavour Thesaurus by Niki Segnit. Some items may surprise...

Ingredients that pair with pineapple (alphabetical):
Anchovy
Anise
Apple
Avocado
Bacon
Banana
Blue cheese
Chilli
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Coconut
Coriander leaf
Grape
Grapefruit
Hard cheese
Mango
Orange
Pork
Prosciutto
Raspberry
Sage
Shellfish
Strawberry
Vanilla
White chocolate

The Flavour Thesaurus

Good! 13 recipes so far from 6 members and we now have 12 days to go (thanks to an extension). I'm really pleased to see a good mix of sweet and savoury recipes as well as cocktails. No pizzas entered yet so I might have to make one myself. :D

Here is a bit of possible inspiration from the wonderful Flavour Thesaurus by Niki Segnit. Some items may surprise...

Ingredients that pair with pineapple (alphabetical):
Anchovy
Anise
Apple
Avocado
Bacon
Banana
Blue cheese
Chilli
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Coconut
Coriander leaf
Grape
Grapefruit
Hard cheese
Mango
Orange
Pork
Prosciutto
Raspberry
Sage
Shellfish
Strawberry
Vanilla
White chocolate

The Flavour Thesaurus

Since the deadline has been extended, I'm not finished procrastinating. Besides, I have to let my second pineapple go bad, so I have to buy another one. :facepalm:

A certain chili pepper is in my plans for one entry. Yorky already Tastied me on another planned entry. I need to take a nap and hope another one comes to me. :D

CD

Back
Top Bottom