The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pistachio Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging a Challenge is much more difficult than participating in a challenge. I like winning a challenge but that comes with the trepidation of judging. :hyper:
flyinglentris I do not envy your job.
I agree 100%. I'll go further in saying I like entering, because it helps the site (the more recipes, the better), but I don't like winning, because then I have to judge.

I don't like judging. Picking one winner means you've also picked X number of "losers," and that's not something I like to do.

Good to hear. I noticed that MurphysCreek did not post any Likes to peoples posts in the last challenge and that's likely a good idea, so I will follow suit. But I look forward to your cooperation and inspiration for other members.
MC is known for going radio silent during challenges. You don't have to do that. Lot's of other people stay active in it, but your choice, obviously.

I might as well like them all as I don't want to impress early on that I favor some recipes, but not others. Then people will get points run up for having entered. I'll do that.

The way I see it is there can be lots of reasons to 'love' an entry (or any other post). To me that doesn't mean it has to be a winner over one I 'like'. I might 'love' a recipe because it amuses me or is quirky or maybe because its someone thinking 'outside the box'. In the end its worth reminding ourselves that there are no judging criteria! Each judge has to make up their own. That is why I say its not to be taken too seriously. Lots of people use 'like' when they mean 'I acknowledge yuo have posted this and I've read it'.

I agree 100%. I'll go further in saying I like entering, because it helps the site (the more recipes, the better), but I don't like winning, because then I have to judge.

I agree. I'm the same.

Recipe - Pistachio Pesto

I like pesto, but I'm not "nuts" about pine nuts. I love pistachios, so why not a pistachio pesto. Very tasty.

PistacioPesto001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom