The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pistachio Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Pistachio Biscuits

The holidays and having for some, to order or go out and obtain pistachios has got things slow to start, I know. I only just got my Pistachios after going grocery shopping this morning. And man did I get a lot of stuff this time!

I look forward to an increase in the Pistachio recipes and I've got to tell you that my own imagination has gone wacko again, dreaming in my sleep about interesting Pistachio productions. I've written them down and dread not being able to share those inventive ideas until after the 20th, some of them simple and one, in particular, marvelous.

Its great to see recipes posted to the challenge. They are not only wonderful, but stimulate the imaginative and creative engine that stirs my inventive spirit.

Bon Appetit!

The holidays and having for some, to order or go out and obtain pistachios has got things slow to start, I know. I only just got my Pistachios after going grocery shopping this morning. And man did I get a lot of stuff this time!

I look forward to an increase in the Pistachio recipes and I've got to tell you that my own imagination has gone wacko again, dreaming in my sleep about interesting Pistachio productions. I've written them down and dread not being able to share those inventive ideas until after the 20th, some of them simple and one, in particular, marvelous.

Its great to see recipes posted to the challenge. They are not only wonderful, but stimulate the imaginative and creative engine that stirs my inventive spirit.

Bon Appetit!

I'm going out of town, so won't be making any new entries until next week. I did come up with a couple of ideas, so everyone has a week to make them before I do. :facepalm:

CD

The holidays and having for some, to order or go out and obtain pistachios has got things slow to start, I know. I

I don't know why you think this - there are already twelve entries and there are still two weeks to go! As far as I'm concerned, 12 entries in 9 days is a lot.

In the not too distant past the challenge would get less than twelve entries overall.

I don't know why you think this - there are already twelve entries and there are still two weeks to go! As far as I'm concerned, 12 entries in 9 days is a lot.

In the not too distant past the challenge would get less than twelve entries overall.

I've got 9 Pistachio recipe ideas which I will not post til after the challenge is over. :okay:

I hope this isn’t becoming a trend, but here’s another one that I made that I am not going to post as a recipe. I had envisioned using ground pistachios and turmeric to make a pinwheel pattern. Instead, it looks like a decaying radioactivity symbol from Chernobyl. It was tasty, but that’s because I ground pork chops and sirloin to make the patties. The presence of pistachios was not enough to make this worthy of a recipe. But, that won't stop me from posting this. :laugh:

Last edited:
I hope this isn’t becoming a trend, but here’s another one that I made that I am not going to post as a recipe. I had envisioned using ground pistachios and turmeric to make a pinwheel pattern. Instead, it looks like a decaying radioactivity symbol from Chernobyl. It was tasty, but that’s because I ground pork chops and sirloin to make the patties. The presence of pistachios was not enough to make this worthy of a recipe. But, that won't stop me from posting this. :laugh:

View attachment 54331
View attachment 54330
View attachment 54329
View attachment 54328
View attachment 54327

It’s a brilliant idea and I like how you assembled the patties.

Bon Appetit!
I've seen other judges post recipes in their own challenges before. Of course not as entries, but why wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom