The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pistachio Nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:08 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is pistachio nuts and flyinglentris is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe using pistachio nuts (as a new thread), tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday Weds 20th January, UK time (GMT). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Well, this one is a bit easier. Pistachios are still not an "up front" ingredient, but they can be a significant ingredient. With turmeric, I could put a pinch of turmeric in a bowl of oatmeal, and call it an entry. That's what it seemed to be good for, and why I didn't submit an entry -- that and it didn't taste good.

I have to think about this one. How can I make pistachios one of the stars, and not an accessory. It is doable. I just have to figure out how?

CD

Recipe - Pistachio Nuts & Ricotta Cheese Sauce for Pasta

Interesting choice - I love pistachios, but I don't much like nuts cooked/baked in things. I have pistachios in the house right now - I bought them for something I made recently, just can't remember what it was... 🤷🏻‍♂️

The King of Breads, the member who helped me understand Bread and influenced my first Bread creation says this? Your Loftiness of the Leavened Dough and Bake, please say it isn't so. :headshake:

Ok, I've made two things with pistachios that I've posted to CB - I'll have to see if I can find the recipes I used and submit them... 🤔

Good to hear. I noticed that MurphysCreek did not post any Likes to peoples posts in the last challenge and that's likely a good idea, so I will follow suit. But I look forward to your cooperation and inspiration for other members.

Good to hear. I noticed that MurphysCreek did not post any Likes to peoples posts in the last challenge and that's likely a good idea, so I will follow suit. But I look forward to your cooperation and inspiration for other members.

What I do when judge is make a few comments when someone makes an entry. I think that encourages folk and it helps me to evaluate later. I usually 'like' them too or even 'love' them. But that's up to you of course. Its a light hearted challenge and not to be taken too seriously. After all, the judge is hardly likely to make all the entries and taste test them.

What I do when judge is make a few comments when someone makes an entry. I think that encourages folk and it helps me to evaluate later. I usually 'like' them too or even 'love' them. But that's up to you of course. Its a light hearted challenge and not to be taken too seriously. After all, the judge is hardly likely to make all the entries and taste test them.

I might as well like them all as I don't want to impress early on that I favor some recipes, but not others. Then people will get points run up for having entered. I'll do that.

When I've judged, I've "liked" all the entries - I figured as judge, I was something of that month's host for the challenge, and it was just a little thanks for taking the trouble to enter.

Yes. I think that's the best way to go. If anybody puts any salt into likes, it motivates them to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom