The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pomegranate

Now there are 12 entries.

Heck. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, you put me back to square and reconsideration. :ohmy:

I was looking at the number of replies for this challenge to and we seem to have collectively doubled the number that showed up for the celery challenge! All for the love of Pomegranate.

It really was a good choice of ingredient. The next judge will have to brainstorm their choice of ingredient to be sure!

Last edited:
Here are the entries and I will make a preliminary judgement to get 3 runners up from this list today. Those runner ups will follow the image of the list of entries in this post in the order most recent to oldest ...

PomegranateChallengeEntries.png

Runners up are ...

PomegranateChallengeEntriesA.png

PomegranateChallengeEntriesB.png

PomegranateChallengeEntriesC.png

I will make a final judgement tomorrow. If the winner of the challenge does not want to be the next judge, the honor will fall to the 2nd runner up and so forth.

I wish I could honor all the entrants as everybody did great on this challenge and I hope I have said as much when initially responding to their recipe posts. I am using runner ups as I felt that the entries were so good that I would try to give kudos as much as I could to more than just one.

I have rated on the following criteria, not necessarily in order of import.

1) Effort
2) Originality
3) Daring
4) Artistic Presentation
5) Perceived Flavor Merit
6) Use and Preparation of Pomegranate

To those who didn't reach the runner ups list, kudos. Keep in mind that of so many entries, the list had to be narrowed down and by no means detracts from the merits of your own entries. I am pleased that all were very good and made my job ultimately more difficult.

Salute to all.

Last edited:
Wow! You are taking this all very seriously @flyinglentris (for which I commend you). But please remember its all a bit of fun really - don't sweat too much over it... as you say, you can't actually taste the dishes unless you make them all!

That's the trouble with writing. You can't see facial and body language gestures. You can never know what another person is thinking then, unless you are psychic over the miles (as far as the internet is concerned). I am enjoying this. I never take things too seriously unless my life, comfort and happiness are on the line. Don't read things in. :whistling::cool::wink::happy: <- Facial Gestures to help out.

I do tend to be a bit thorough in things. That's all.

That's the trouble with writing. You can't see facial and body language gestures. You can never know what another person is thinking then, unless you are psychic over the miles (as far as the internet is concerned). I am enjoying this. I never take things too seriously unless my life, comfort and happiness are on the line. Don't read things in. :whistling::cool::wink::happy: <- Facial Gestures to help out.

I do tend to be a bit thorough in things. That's all.

And I thought I was obsessive! :laugh: I try not to do anything unless I enjoy it... could be why my house is a bit grubby. :oops:

Wow...this was quite an epic battle (ha....I didn't realize the pun until I wrote that!) The winning recipe was beautiful and well-deserving. Congratulations, @epicuric!

Thanks, also, to @flyinglentris for selecting a tricky ingredient that saw a lot of interesting interpretations.

Back
Top Bottom