The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Puff Pastry

Status
Not open for further replies.
1602992281904.png

Recipe - Plum, Pear and Walnut diamond patterned rough puff Jalousie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder to participants. Please remember to tag your entries 'cookingbites recipe challenge'. This is not a fusspot rule - its to enable the judge (or anyone else) to see the entries with links displayed as a list. Incredibly useful when judging.

I do try to check if people have tagged correctly but I have been known to miss one or two. This could result in your entry not being considered. If you forget to tag it you can do so in retrospect by clicking on the luggage label under the title field of your post.

Five entries already and we are only on day two. I have a feeling that Hemulen is going to have a tough job.

Question for the judge Hemulen - does yeasted puff count (as used in croissants, for example)?
Yes, yeasted puff is okay - it's PUFFY. Whoa, this surely looks like a tough job. I thought the calorie issue would decrease the amount of entries but no such thing: especially the boys are a'cookin. It's nice, so keep cooking and baking! I'm sad that I had to reject Burt's phyllo dough entry (and can't include CraigC's wonderful Apple Strudel either - though it hasn't been tagged as an entry in this challenge in the first place). The entries so far are great and the pastry train goes on. Puff, puff, puff...

Last edited:
View attachment 48511

Beef Wellington - I was surprised I hadn't posted this, but when I finally found the pic, I realized I made this over 4 years ago, before I joined the forum. I know Gordon Ramsay would have shredded me for all the flaws in this Wellington, but I remembered enjoying it.

I will also work on something else, but this is a start.
I adore Beef Wellington. I do not understand why people are intimidated by this wonderful recipe. I use a Duxelle mix of brown and wild mushrooms, Prosciutto and English mustard. I make Beef Wellington no more than two or three times a year because the Fillet is so flipping expensive. If I were rich I would have Beef Wellington weekly.

Yes, yeasted puff is okay - it's PUFFY. Whoa, this surely looks like a tough job. I thought the calorie issue would decrease the amount of entries but no such thing: especially the boys are a'cookin. It's nice, so keep cooking and baking! I'm sad that I had to reject Burt's phyllo dough entry (and can't include CraigC's wonderful Apple Strudel either - though it hasn't been tagged as an entry in this challenge in the first place). The entries so far are great and the pastry train goes on. Puff, puff, puff...

When I judged one of these, I believe there were 36 entries. You are on a trajectory to surpass that. Yes, it'll make your brain hurt. :meh:

CD

I picked up two packages of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheets today. Two sheets to a package. So, I don't have any excuse to not make something to enter.

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom