The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Puff Pastry

Status
Not open for further replies.
- - -
As long as Hemulen doesn't hold ready made puff pastry against entries, that's what I am going to use.
- - -

CD
No, I don't.

(A screenshot from my post in the juniper berry challenge thread):

scs.JPG

As long as Hemulen doesn't hold ready made puff pastry against entries, that's what I am going to use.

She absolutely doesn't. My comments were entirely to do with my foibles. What a nice word that is!

I also made it clear in the top post that ready made is fine.

She absolutely doesn't. My comments were entirely to do with my foibles. What a nice word that is!

I also made it clear in the top post that ready made is fine.

My comment was more "stating a fact" than "asking a question." :rolleyes:

Rephrase: Since Hemulin is not holding ready made puff pastry against entries, that is what I am going to use.

CD

Last edited:
My top tip for judging is to make a few notes to yourself on each recipe as it appears and put an asterisk next to the ones that particularly grab you. Its much easier than trying to 'digest' 30 or so recipe at one sitting. But, after all - there are no set judging criteria. Its up to the judge to invent their own! And they don't even need to tell us what they are...
I have judged 3 times and each was more daunting than the previous one. I do make notes as the recipes are submitted. I like TastyReuben's method of judging by two's and eliminating as recipes are submitted. Judging is not an easy thing. I feel a great deal of responsibility to honor all of the participants.

The Late Night Gourmet
Did you link the recipe?
I will tomorrow. I spent longer than I planned making it, but the effort was well-worth it. Now, I need to open a beer from a variety pack from Atwater Brewery. I'm not overjoyed with the one I picked:

1603165523101.jpeg

The best thing about this beer is the very artistic can. But, the beer is waaay too hop-heavy. I like hops, but this is an assault on my tongue. Yes, it's possible to enjoy hops in a beer without it seeming like I'm washing down grass clippings from my lawn (and the joke's on you: I decided not to mow my lawn last weekend. I'm embracing my lazy side for a change. So, I'd rather relax and drink now, and post the recipe later. Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom