The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Puff Pastry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gai Krapow (Thai Basil) Sausage Rolls.
Mate that ticks all my boxes. Bravo. Nb would you like my slow cooker bake-beans recipe, I think it would be a perfectly explosive

pairing with your Krapow.

Mate that ticks all my boxes. Bravo. Nb would you like my slow cooker bake-beans recipe, I think it would be a perfectly explosiveView attachment 48972

Yes, please. I served it with a fried egg - the yolk becomes the "sauce" for it - but this would be very nice. I can see where I'd have to open a window after eating it with a sausage roll. :laugh:

Mate that ticks all my boxes. Bravo. Nb would you like my slow cooker bake-beans recipe, I think it would be a perfectly explosiveView attachment 48972

Me too! I love baked beans. I always cheat and get Bush's Baked Beans though. My mother can make them so yummy and we had them with BBQ ribs, potato salad and corn on the cob on Memorial Day and July 4th (US Independence Day). I can't wait to see your recipe.

My recipe failed, so not an entry. But placing here for laughs :laugh:

I thought mince meat ( dried fruit) puff pastry rolls would be nice, but didn't realise half the filling would end up sticking to my baking sheet like glue. Also they lost their shape.
Tastes fine though. Trying another recipe with mince meat later.

I'm not laughing, I would murder that with birds custard. Name your creation Mince pies with spun burned caramel and enter it ! thats an order.

Mince pies with spun burned caramel? I see you are good at marketing :laugh: and indeed they would be good with custard.

But anyway, to humour you:

Recipe - Burnt caramel mince pastries

Last edited:
I'm not laughing, I would murder that with birds custard. Name your creation Mince pies with spun burned caramel and enter it ! thats an order.
Exactly my thoughts, BB. If @Windigo’s mistakes look this good, I am looking forward to ones that turn out the way you wanted!

Now this, I like:

Recipe - Bacon-Cheese Palmiers

I think the filling of olives, bacon, and gruyere is classic. I've run into it before in other recipes. It definitely works here.

What truly sets this apart, though, is the dousing of the treats in lovely honey-butter glaze, as soon as they come out of the oven. Sweet from the honey, salty from the bacon and olives, that weird briny taste in there...it all comes together to say, "POW! I just kicked your tastebuds down the back of your throat! Yer welcome!" 💥 👊

Well, I just wasted a lot of time posting my entry, according to the #$%@&! rules, but my tag for the challenge was wrong -- yet the forum software let me do it. So, if the judge clicks the tag for the challenge, my entry won't show. And, I can't figure out how to fix it, and I don't want to waste any more time on it. Grrrrrrrr... :mad:

I need to get TastyReuben to post my entries. He loves rules and procedures. :D

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom