The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Puff Pastry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just wasted a lot of time posting my entry, according to the #$%@&! rules, but my tag for the challenge was wrong -- yet the forum software let me do it. So, if the judge clicks the tag for the challenge, my entry won't show. And, I can't figure out how to fix it, and I don't want to waste any more time on it. Grrrrrrrr... :mad:

I need to get TastyReuben to post my entries. He loves rules and procedures. :D

CD

Fixed it for you. To edit tags simply click on the little 'luggage label' at the top of the post:

Me too! I love baked beans. I always cheat and get Bush's Baked Beans though. My mother can make them so yummy and we had them with BBQ ribs, potato salad and corn on the cob on Memorial Day and July 4th (US Independence Day). I can't wait to see your recipe.

We get Bush's original too and then dress them up by adding bacon, onion, green bell, celery, dry mustard, Brown sugar and a bit of ketchup. You'd think they were homemade and took hours to cook.

We get Bush's original too and then dress them up by adding bacon, onion, green bell, celery, dry mustard, Brown sugar and a bit of ketchup. You'd think they were homemade and took hours to cook.

I confess that I have doctored up Bush's beans, and taken them to pot lucks and dinner parties. :oops:

CD

I never would have thought of adding celery but it makes sense and sounds delicious. As far as cans go, I like Bush's the best. I am definitely adding this to my list of things to try. Thanks!

I confess that I have doctored up Bush's beans, and taken them to pot lucks and dinner parties. :oops:

CD

I've known several people to "cheat" at bringing dishes to events. The funniest is one guy that would take a large pot to Wendy's, pay for them to fill it up with chili and bring it in as if it was homemade. When we were dating, my ex put some jarred BBQ sauce in an empty glass jar and told me it was his family's secret recipe (I should have taken that as a red flag of his ability to lie so convincingly ;-). Oops.

Just realized today was the last day for an entry, so am not getting to make my apple recipe. But it's okay, I've had two entries which is more than I could manage for a while now. So that's a good thing. And I will make my apple treats later this month.

Just realized today was the last day for an entry, so am not getting to make my apple recipe. But it's okay, I've had two entries which is more than I could manage for a while now. So that's a good thing. And I will make my apple treats later this month.
The deadline is 12.00 midday Saturday 7th November UK time (GMT) as stated by Morning Glory on the front page, so you have plenty of time to send new entries, Windigo. Others as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom