The CookingBites recipe challenge: quinoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind was rambling while watching the late night movie and I got this crazy idea for a quinoa recipe. It stuck me in the brain pan like a comet in the forehead.

I checked my fridge and freezer and I have the ingredients without road tripping to the store.

It's going to be a fun project, for sure and I can tell already, a tasty one.

My mind was rambling while watching the late night movie and I got this crazy idea for a quinoa recipe. It stuck me in the brain pan like a comet in the forehead.

I checked my fridge and freezer and I have the ingredients without road tripping to the store.

It's going to be a fun project, for sure and I can tell already, a tasty one.

I'm going to have to push this back a day or two. I have a package being delivered and they totally mixed up the tracking numbers, giving me a UPS tracking number, shipping from Florida to Florida and after several phone calls, the vendor admitted to screwing up and gave me a tracking number with a service called BlueCare. If it arrives today, BluCare doesn't have the codes to the outer doors and I may wind up waiting in the lobby all day, again.

I'm going to have to push this back a day or two. I have a package being delivered and they totally mixed up the tracking numbers, giving me a UPS tracking number, shipping from Florida to Florida and after several phone calls, the vendor admitted to screwing up and gave me a tracking number with a service called BlueCare. If it arrives today, BluCare doesn't have the codes to the outer doors and I may wind up waiting in the lobby all day, again.

Package has arrived and I have begun work on my imaginative and creative next quinoa recipe.

Salmon Quinoa Tourtiere

full.jpg

full.jpg

How can anyone not like salmon? :ohmy:

I don't like it either (salmon) although I like plenty of other fish. Its oily fish I find difficult. Also, salmon is quite a bland tasting fish. In fact its often described as a fish that people who don't like fishy tastes will like.

I do like smoked salmon or gravadlax, though.

I don't like it either (salmon) although I like plenty of other fish. Its oily fish I find difficult. Also, salmon is quite a bland tasting fish. In fact its often described as a fish that people who don't like fishy tastes will like.

Salmon isn't my first choice of fish, but I do like it smoked -- it's almost like a fish jerky.

CD

I love salmon. I don't like farmed salmon. Wild is better. I used wild Alaskan Sockeye for this recipe.

The people I know who barely like fish, find salmon too strong a fish. They tend to prefer flounder as a bland fish, cooked dry. (I don't personally care for flounder.) I don't find salmon bland.

I do like fresh salmon (cooked or raw sushi), or smoked or as gravlax. I don't care for it from a tin.

We were in Scotland one year, at a posh place known for their salmon, and salmon figured heavily on the menu and as part of the waiter's recommendations for the evening.

MrsT mentioned that neither of us liked salmon, which earned a :eek: from the waiter, and he offered to let her try a little nibble of a smoked salmon appetizer thingamajig, smugly confident that she'd be won over by their superior product.

He brought it out, presented it with a small flourish, and stood by, well looking forward to his "I told you so" moment.

No sooner than it hit her tongue, it came right back out. She didn't even have the opportunity to get the napkin up to her face. It tumbled out right onto her plate. :laugh:

"Oh my god, that's horrid!"

The waiter was visibly displeased, and I have to assume they likely spit in our food before they brought it out. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom