The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few rice recipes floating around. And since I am going to be making a biryani for another purpose, I'll include that as well.

Will scratch my noodle to see what else I might come up with.

I have a biryani one ready to go too, but I won't enter it this time. Also a nasi goreng... but might try something different (that I haven't made before) for this one.

Black Japonica rice with cabbage, endive, and optional farmers' (or soft) cheese.

4_25-japonica-dinner.jpg

MypinchofItaly
Great choice.
For many decades (generations) rice farming has been a major industry in Louisiana. Growing up we had rice with lunch and dinner every day.
I have gotten away from rice on a regular basis. It is a special treat. I will post a traditional Cajun recipe for Rice Dressing (Dirty Rice) and a variation using oysters.

I am going to see if I can perfect my Arroz Con Pollo this weekend and actually write the recipe down which is something I never do. I take the classic Arroz and turn it green. Are there rules? How many photos do you want? Does anyone actually make all the recipes to decide the winner? What are the categories a dish is judged on? Is this too many questions? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom