The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find we get there way before you do in the UK here in Oz. Entries were still rolling in way after my clock had got to zero. Not that it matters, the more entries the better I reckon. A quick check right now as I type this shows it's still Thursday evening in the UK, but its 6am, Friday, here. If I have entries I just put them in sooner (a week or two before deadline), rather then bamboozle myself with time zones.

You are currently 9 hrs ahead of the UK so a Sunday 12.00 midday deadline means Sunday 9pm where you are.

I'm six hours behind the UK (during DST). I figure is I get something posted by end of day Saturday, I'll be okay. I have one thing planned for today (Friday here).

CD

I'm six hours behind the UK (during DST). I figure is I get something posted by end of day Saturday, I'll be okay. I have one thing planned for today (Friday here).

CD

Easiest way to see what time it is in the UK is to look underneath my avatar (picture). Everyone's avatar displays their local time (in real time - not the time they posted a message). Its a useful thing to know sometimes, because when you reply to someone you can see what time it is where they are. So if you look under my picture on the left you can see what time it is in the UK now. And I can see (as I write) that its 5.02 am where caseydog is.

Thanks for that and my apologies. Should have known I'd get it wrong way around again.

No I don't think you did. Your view of the countdown clock would zero at midday your time when in UK time that isn't until 9 hrs later. So you would have seen entries coming in after your view of the clock reached zero. So currently - you have until 9pm your time on Sunday to enter more recipes if you want to.

Mushroom risotto

2020-06-04-18-17-38-jpg.jpg

I love mushroom risotto. My favorite. I use reconstituted, dried, wild mushrooms with brown mushrooms (baby bella or cremini). Your use of truffles brings it over the top. Wish I could afford such a luxury.
I love the Parm Crisp I get it.

I love mushroom risotto. My favorite. I use reconstituted, dried, wild mushrooms with brown mushrooms (baby bella or cremini). Your use of truffles brings it over the top. Wish I could afford such a luxury.
I love the Parm Crisp I get it.

They weren't really that expensive. Winter truffles are MUCH more expensive, and they are a lot more pungent too. They were $60 for 4 ounces. The killer is the shipping, which is around $40 for FedX overnight. We are lucky they are local for us. The last time we bought a white truffle was around Christmas and they were $1900 per pound. The 1 we bought was around $100. The last time we got winter blacks, they were around $90 for around 3 ounces.

I don't know if any of the mega yachts dock anywhere near where you live, but the place we get the truffles at serves them. They carry a large assortment of caviar, foie gras, escargot, real Serrano and prosciutto, imported foods, etc. Any port that services mega yachts will have similar places.

Last edited:
Chicken, Wild Rice, Red Rice, Mushrooms.

I am trying to upload the photo to the recipe post. This is the first time I've tried uploading from the phone, and it is being rather annoying about the task.

Edit at 8 am here. The photo seems to have taken a vacation to Siberia or something. Still not here. Re-sending. Edit at nearly 2:30 pm, it arrived at 1 pm something. And don't tell me about the cable for sending photos - my phone no longer wants to talk to that. Or maybe it's the laptop....

rice chicken pan baked c.jpg

Last edited:
Well fudge, I'm going to go to the last day, again. Something I ate this afternoon decided to give my innards a beat-down. I didn't want to even think about cooking this evening. So, once again, I'm racing the deadline.

CD

Well fudge, I'm going to go to the last day, again. Something I ate this afternoon decided to give my innards a beat-down. I didn't want to even think about cooking this evening. So, once again, I'm racing the deadline.

CD

Well, bear in mind that for you the deadline is at 6am Sunday morning, due the the time difference. :ohmy:

Anybody watch Top Chef? The winning dish of this past Thursday's episode was Truffle congee, salami, fried garlic, parsley, quail egg & white truffle butter.. she also shaved some truffle over each bowl as it was being served. The Italian guest chef judge asked her to please, please leave out the salami from now on, but the dish was declared a resounding success otherwise.​
They got to go white truffle hunting and each got several large truffles to use. One of the contestant chefs shaved a couple hundred dollars of truffle over each of his 100 serving bowls. :eek:. And he was the one that went home even with that because his actual dish totally overpowered the truffle.​

Last edited:
The photo for my chicken, wild rice, red rice and mushroom post is now up and available. I actually had to drive out to a good internet area to re-send once again. But - it is there. (And I still can't find my real camera...)

Look above.

Wow! Dedication. :okay: Its a good photo. You should use that camera phone more. If the phone USB cable doesn't work, use a connector to transfer the photo to a memory stick. I sent you details of that once I think. Then plug memory stick into computer - no need to use the internet to transfer then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom