The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we shouldn't use the countdown clock as it is misleading.

We could make the deadline later in the day UK time - but that would be very early morning for some other members in Australia! We can't win. :ohmy: I think midday UK time was chosen because its a time which is not actually the middle of the night for anyone.
Like you say, there's no way to choose it without affecting someone. I'd leave it as-is, because it's a damned-either-way scenario, and if it gets missed, it gets missed. I'm sure I've missed it before.

Maybe we shouldn't use the countdown clock as it is misleading.

We could make the deadline later in the day UK time - but that would be very early morning for some other members in Australia! We can't win. :ohmy: I think midday UK time was chosen because its a time which is not actually the middle of the night for anyone.

That has always fitted in with me (18:00 or 19:00 my time). Anyway, the countdown clock quite clearly informs me of when the deadline is. And it's set at my time. I don't return to the OP to check the deadline. It's on my browser every morning.

Not that I enter many recipes anyway.

Oh ok, we can extend it for a couple of days, I think it could be OK (I think :laugh:

OK. Thank you. Beware, I may have more recipes to post. :D

The new deadline is midday Sunday 7th June UK time (GMT +1), which will be sometime early Sunday morning in America and sometime late Sunday evening in NZ/Australia. In Thailand its early Sunday evening I think. Phew!

The new deadline is midday Sunday 7th June UK time (GMT +1), which will be sometime early Sunday morning in America and sometime late Sunday evening in NZ/Australia. In Thailand its early Sunday evening I think. Phew!

Great, let's get on with the recipes!
(oh my, I've just shooted myself in the foot! :laugh:)

Good thing I have a TARDIS! 😬

Cajuncini

36788-albums1121-picture8320.jpg

It's all retrievable, so I'm waiting for your recipe medtran49 :thumbsup:

Morning Glory How long can the challenge be extended?

It wasn't my recipe that I needed to write. I had told Craig I would type them up for him today as I had looked at the clock yesterday afternoon to see if I had time to write them up. I nearly always write up our recipes as I type a lot better and faster than Craig does. He's a hunt and peck kind of guy, whereas I don't need to look at the keyboard and I type well over 200 WPM when I get going good.

Thank you for agreeing to extend MypinchofItaly ! You may very well indeed have shot yourself in the foot. I'm making risotto tonight, though it's not quite in the traditional way.

I think you'll find we get there way before you do in the UK here in Oz. Entries were still rolling in way after my clock had got to zero. Not that it matters, the more entries the better I reckon. A quick check right now as I type this shows it's still Thursday evening in the UK, but its 6am, Friday, here. If I have entries I just put them in sooner (a week or two before deadline), rather then bamboozle myself with time zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom