The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got me very interested with that. :okay:
Mama Paul's old recipes are a lot of work. The result is well worth the effort. I will try to get the ingredients and make a batch of the the mix this weekend. I still wear mask and gloves when I leave the house - very seldom and only to my neighborhood market. Before I venture out I will call and locate all of the ingredients so I am not running all over town.
Rice dressing mi is something I like to keep in the freezer.

Strawberry Rice Pudding with Rosewater

Onigirazu - Japanese rice sandwiches featuring sushi rice and nori - with whatever you want internally.

I give three varieties - raw fish & seaweed, western breakfast, and a vegan one. But the rice is largely the same throughout (other than potential natural food colorings), so I am entering this as one recipe.

1591192356078.png

Edited to bring in a photo. From left to right: vegan, tuna plus seaweed, western breakfast.

Last edited:
I still have ingredients and an idea for an entry. I just have to do it. I had to buy a mini-fridge yesterday because my big fridge is not keeping food at a safe temperature anymore, and my new one is a month away. Cooking is not much fun when it is this much work.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom