The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay cool, thanks a bunch for checking! Oh BTW, the website wouldn't let me log in earlier...I tried a couple of times over a period of about an hour before it finally did.

Thank you all for competing, I was not surprised by the high standard of the entrants dishes. The criteria for my judging was this,as stated early on " Her Madge mate, as I am not capable of scripting a marvelous losers debrief like Hemulen I will use a simple method of Judging. I will view the posts like I do those restaurants that have a pictorial menu. The criteria is then simple, would I pay to eat it." I then thought about a challenge I was given by the restaurant owners and close friends of my wife on the very upscale Island of Hvar 15 years ago. They had tasted my Asian food and wanted a couple of dishes that would make them stand out from the "normal" seafood fare.
The winning dish ticked all my personal boxes. murphyscreek sublime Scallops with Finger Lime Pearls. Bravo Creekers mate.

Thank you all for competing, I was not surprised by the high standard of the entrants dishes. The criteria for my judging was this,as stated early on " Her Madge mate, as I am not capable of scripting a marvelous losers debrief like Hemulen I will use a simple method of Judging. I will view the posts like I do those restaurants that have a pictorial menu. The criteria is then simple, would I pay to eat it." I then thought about a challenge I was given by the restaurant owners and close friends of my wife on the very upscale Island of Hvar 15 years ago. They had tasted my Asian food and wanted a couple of dishes that would make them stand out from the "normal" seafood fare.
The winning dish ticked all my personal boxes. murphyscreek sublime Scallops with Finger Lime Pearls. Bravo Creekers mate.
Spectacular!

Congrats, murphyscreek!
cong.gif

A well deserved win with a marvellous recipe.

I hope I can get my hands on this wonderful fruit some day.
li_.jpg

Photo source

Congratulations murphyscreek. It is a gorgeous dish.:bravo:

Now its over to you to become the judge and choose the ingredient for the next challenge. All the previously chosen ingredients chosen can be seen here in alphabetical order and here in date order. As always, its best to choose an ingredient which is reasonably easy to obtain across our various countries if possible.

Simply post your choice of ingredient here and I will set up the new thread.

Wow, thanks so much Burt Blank, there were so many great recipes for this one I honestly wasn't expecting a win.

For the next challenge I would like to pick an ingredient I use a lot of and enjoy, but really interested in how and in what dishes you guys might use it in.

So I'll pick tumeric... either fresh or in dried powder form.

Wow, thanks so much Burt Blank, there were so many great recipes for this one I honestly wasn't expecting a win.

For the next challenge I would like to pick an ingredient I use a lot of and enjoy, but really interested in how and in what dishes you guys might use it in.

So I'll pick tumeric... either fresh or in dried powder form.

Congrats! Like Burt Blank, I would buy that dish in a restaurant.

I'm interested in your pick for ingredient. I have ground Turmeric and really don't have a pull toward any of the recipes I've seen online. I'm sure this bunch will have some great ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom