The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Wine

In this thread you simply need to post a link to your recipe. I'll edit your post to do that. Also you need to click on 'full image' when adding a photo - otherwise it displays as an attachment.

Thanks Morning Glory, for helping out here. I sent a message, but PreppedFRESH just did not seem to be getting things fixed. I accidentally sent the message as a profile message, instead of a conversation. Oops.

Anyway, I figured that as the challenge comes to a close, a moderator would step in to help out.

Recipe - Beef and Vegetable Soup with Red Wine Broth

This is something I came up with myself many years ago, and used to make a few times every winter. It has been at least five years since I made it, but was still able to make it from memory. It is very good, and this batch was one of the best I've made -- not sure why. Maybe because I haven't had it in so long.

BeefVegWine001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Recipe - Braised Pork With Cherry Gravy

Sorry for three pics, but I was chasing the light around, and I couldn't really get exactly what I wanted.

Anyway, this is easily one of the five best things I've ever made and/or eaten. It's that good. The pork?...Forget fork-tender...it's finger-tender; just beautifully flaky all around.

I love how well everything works together in this dish. Fruit and pork, that's a natural, but the sour cherry flavor in the gravy offset the rich cream-and-cheese of the fennel and leeks superbly. I just wanted to keep eating, and eating, and eating some more.

I thought I was done making recipes, but your timing is just as flawless as your recipes. I just got home after buying mangoes. I don’t have any mango powder, but here is where I am now:

A0E3F038-926B-4164-BD83-4BB3B7B9FFFA.jpeg

It was somewhat chunky after going through the food processor, so I put it in the blender to smooth it out. I’m sure it would’ve been good either way. Tomorrow: the finished product.

Last edited:
I decided to get organized instead of waiting until the deadline to start. By my count, there are 41 recipes posted (so far)....that's a lot of wine! Morning Glory: Is that a new record?

I've made 4 of these recipes (also so far); I will definitely make at least a few more of these, but they won't be done by the deadline. I also made 2 other wine dishes; since this challenge started, I went through 2 bottles of wine (one red, one white), and I didn't drink any of it (though I suppose the murphyscreek mango slurpee recipe will be when that changes).

The 4 recipes I made is about 4 more than I have made during previous times as a judge. I will plan to make recipes in a challenge a regular thing when I'm a judge, and I really hope that future judges do the same. While I (and many others on this forum) are perfectly capable of imagining how the ingredients go together by looking at the recipe, there's nothing quite like actually making it.

I plan to keep to the deadline (noon UK time on the 4th), but I will be lenient if someone is working on something that doesn't come together until later in the day.

Back
Top Bottom