The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

A food that is in season in one part of the world, may not be in season in another. It may be even unknown in another, or just downright expensive if available. I could have gone for Nightshade recipes(Deadly Nightshade included) with the Eggplant challenge, then onto Tomato recipes, all related.

I suggest we keep to the spirit of the competition, acknowledge the ingredient picked by Caribbean Girl, the current judge & jury, and carry on. Some of us are now seeing the problems faced by others earlier on.

A food that is in season in one part of the world, may not be in season in another. It may be even unknown in another, or just downright expensive if available. I could have gone for Nightshade recipes(Deadly Nightshade included) with the Eggplant challenge, then onto Tomato recipes, all related.

I suggest we keep to the spirit of the competition, acknowledge the ingredient picked by Caribbean Girl, the current judge & jury, and carry on. Some of us are now seeing the problems faced by others earlier on.

It isn't really a problem at all unless people actually intend to cook the recipes they submit. Its really my personal problem as that is what I enjoy doing most regarding this little challenge and I set that as a goal for myself!* I guess I could use squash if that is all I can get, since the taste and colour and cooking methods are virtually indistinguishable. I have cooked both, so I know that to be true. At least that way I can show how the dish would look. And I absolutely promise that my recipes will be created to be made using Pumpkin! :D.

*This challenge has been fantastic for me in developing my own recipes and my food photography. I don't care about winning! I would be a bit sad though if my entries were disqualified! :cry:

Banana Pumpkin Smoothie
banana-pumpkin-smoothie.jpg

Congratulations to Morning Glory for winning the last Cooking bites recipe challenge with her 'Pumpkin and Marrow Tagine.' Apart from being a very interesting recipe, the photo presentation of the final dish is very impressive.

I have given 2nd place to both Classic with the recipe 'Banana Pumpkin Smoothie,' which would make a delicious drink, going by the ingredients, as well as to SatNavSaysStraightOn with her 'Pumpkin Risotto,' which, apart from being a very simple dish, would also be easy to make.

So it is now over to you, Morning Glory, to come up with the next ingredient for the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom