The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, my name is Rowan and I am not your typical member of a forum like this I guess. I am only a kid who is 13 but I do love cooking and baking so I joined because I think I can learn a lot here and it seems like it would be fun here. So hello to everyone.

Took until midday for the fog to burn off here. Then it was ad though someone had turned a light switch on. One minute dark and damp tbe next clear and sunny. Took a while for the thermometer to get above 5 °C though. Even the TV aerial guy commented on it. We can final watch TV without the image pixelating and getting up and walking off the screen, we can actually record something and on to off all that excitement, we can watch the ondemand stuff again. Yipee. e. e. Can you hear the enthusiasm. Aussie TV leaves something to be desired.

Aussie TV leaves something to be desired.
We watch a lot of TV, and we have both Acorn and BritBox streaming services (and watch more UK TV than American).

Acorn especially has quite a bit of Australian TV, and I'm sad to say, we've yet to find an Australian program we like. We'll keep trying, though! :)

It was a beautiful 58F (what's that, about 15C?) this morning, the first indication that Summer is about to relinquish its brutal death grip to Autumn.

We got all of our rain at once. At one point, we were a foot over average, but now, the grass is brown.

Make up your mind, Summer!

We finally had our storm leave us in the last 5 min. While I have been typing away here earlier, it was thundering and raining right over our heads. Of course the cat was under the bed. Storms just don't sound like they did when I was younger. Much more louder and rumbling. Have you noticed that? And I don't remember having to worry about a tornado coming along with it. Now hurricanes, that's a different story. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom