The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not much fun being 70 years old.

My elder sister is likely to enter a hospice at the weekend, one of our snooker contingent is in Aberdeen on chemo and radiation treatment, another is currently in hospital here undergoing tests for a suspected stroke and 30% of my friends on Facebook are already dead.

My elder sister is likely to enter a hospice at the weekend, one of our snooker contingent is in Aberdeen on chemo and radiation treatment, another is currently in hospital here undergoing tests for a suspected stroke and 30% of my friends on Facebook are already dead.

:ohmy: :hug: I'm not far off 70 myself...

*Hugs * that's rough I am sorry. Hope you're ok.

Just want to say though, illness and death can strike at any age. I will be 32 next week, but I have already survived two IC stays and near death experiences through my illness and disability and the past 4 years I've been in hospital for extended stays 10 times.

Really all you can do is hope that fate is merciful to you. I'm ok now, this year I finally managed to stay out of hospital :hyper:

We lost our best boy Minx two days ago. We're largely empty nesters now so he was almost like one of the kids, we even called ourselves mum and dad.

Tearing up while I write this lol.

He knew that I always got cross when he sat on my laptop because he had this uncanny ability to simultaneously switch off the screen and the mouse pad leaving me with a blank unresponsive laptop.
So he worked out his own solution!:laugh: (see pic below)

17098554_1506422409389726_6304481919108424254_n.jpg

He often made us laugh at his silly ways, he was the worst bird catcher ever, I don't think he ever caught a bird in his life because he'd mew at them while was stalking.

June 2011 036.JPG

Still expect him to jump up on my lap for cuddles, still go to check his water before I go to bed.

He was our good boy and we miss him terribly.

He was our good boy and we miss him terribly.

Oh so sad - I can see what a character he was... :hug:

Maybe (probably a stupid suggestion 'cos I know he's irreplaceable), in time, you could offer a home to an unwanted adult cat. I know that adult cats are much harder to re-home that kittens.

Our youngest cat was less than a day old when she was found still attached to the umbilical cord. Unfortunately the other end was not attached to the mother who was nowhere to be seen.

That was seven years ago.

This was her at about 2 months old being measured for a sandwich.

catsandswich.jpg

Our youngest cat was less than a day old when she was found still attached to the umbilical cord. Unfortunately the other end was not attached to the mother who was nowhere to be seen.

That was seven years ago.

This was her at about 2 months old being measured for a sandwich.

View attachment 30560

Awww, bless.

Oh so sad - I can see what a character he was... :hug:

Maybe (probably a stupid suggestion 'cos I know he's irreplaceable), in time, you could offer a home to an unwanted adult cat. I know that adult cats are much harder to re-home that kittens.

Well it's something we've thought about, but when our last two pets go (two ferrets, Goldie and Ginger) we have decided not to get any more for a while.
1. it's such a wrench when they die.
2. We want to spend a fair bit of our time travelling as we head towards retirement, and once we retire it is our plan to travel in a motorhome for months at a time so not really fair on the pets.
3. whatever happens when we are done roaming we will probably get a dog and cat much later in life.
4. Despite the above I wouldn't rule us out of getting a rescue animal of some sort as we are as soft as a soft thing.

I'm ok now, this year I finally managed to stay out of hospital :hyper:
Yep, I know that feeling.
I've been resuscitated twice over the years (two major asthma attacks). 2 years ago I had double pneumonia. Ended up being airlifted directly into ICU from somewhere (no idea I was unconscious after I left the drs surgery) . 6 days on life support and another 6 still in ICU (so 12 days total) 2 months in hospital. Last year my neck went big time. Needed life saving surgery (actually had a dnr order written up). My spinal cord was compromised by over 75% up at c5-c7 level. Spent over 4 months in hospital.

This winter's challenge is just to stay away from hospital... I'm trying hard.

Best of luck with your challenge as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom