The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send it our way please. Last month we had an official total of rain of 5.0 mm for the entire month. It was a very dry winter month to day the least. June was a tad better with 18.0 mm. But even adding then together that's still less than 1inch in 2 months. Maybe it will rain whilst we're away?

We got all of our rain at once. At one point, we were a foot over average, but now, the grass is brown.

Make up your mind, Summer!

We finally had our storm leave us in the last 5 min. While I have been typing away here earlier, it was thundering and raining right over our heads. Of course the cat was under the bed. Storms just don't sound like they did when I was younger. Much more louder and rumbling. Have you noticed that? And I don't remember having to worry about a tornado coming along with it. Now hurricanes, that's a different story. lol

It was rather disappointing, very heavy rain but not much else :(

We watch a lot of TV, and we have both Acorn and BritBox streaming services (and watch more UK TV than American).

Acorn especially has quite a bit of Australian TV, and I'm sad to say, we've yet to find an Australian program we like. We'll keep trying, though! :)
Can you get my kitchen rules? Good ozzy programme.

Russ

I didn't realise that this forum has been going since 2012! :happy:

My wife just spent 9 hours assisting to cook 150 kg (??) of pork meat balls for a Chinese festival here. She's not even Chinese!

However, she received 25 kg of rice free plus about 10 litres of palm oil which she gave away as I cannot stand the stuff!

[Edit: this is what 25 kg of rice looks like]

Chinese rice s.jpg

Last edited:
The festival was great!

At the first night we decided to sleep at home though (it was only a 25 min drive from us) because the music was extremely loud and the beds were very uncomfortable. So next year we've decided not to sleep there but to just take a weekend ticket.
I've made it through the four days though, so that was a big win! I had a very good time.
I've been able to do a few workshops and meet some nice new people and it's given me hope for my future, obviously my health is improving because the past few years doing something like this would have been impossible.

Right now I am taking a few slow days for my feet to heal (lots of blisters, ouch!) but I'd definitely do it all again :)
As for food; turned out there was not that much choice on the menu at the festival. So what I've eaten is mainly spicy chicken wings, spicy wedges, onion rings and tzatziki sauce.
Aside from that I had a few slices of good garlic bread, a tuna pizza, chilli con carne and white chocolate cookies. But I am hoping next year will bring a little more variety.
67404855_2141816709278214_1377153165786349568_n.jpg 67413934_2141816782611540_5688770349185892352_n.jpg 67963924_2143229862470232_6392514677804367872_n.jpg

I've beenThe food you had looks rather good. able to do a few workshops and meet some nice new people and it's given me hope for my future, obviously my health is improving because the past few years doing something like this would have been impossible.

I'm so pleased you had a good time. The food you had looks rather good. Did you get any photos of the festival?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom