The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one of those rather cute conversations with my 82yo dad today. Keep in mind, he's got a touch of dementia. Read in responses in your best Matlock/Sheriff Andy Taylor voice:

"Hey, Dad, how ya doin' today?"

"Purty good, purty good, just lookin' out the windah at the world goin' by."

"You have breakfast yet?"

"Yep. I done eat. Just got done."

"What'd you have?"

"Well, let's see...I don't know. Hey, Barb! What'd we eat fer breakfast?!"

<Mom mumbles in the background>

"Well, I'm the one who cooked it! I orta know! <Back to me>. I'll tell you what I had - I had some of that Prosecutor ham...and an ayyyyyg."

"What kind of ham?"

"Prosecutor ham!"

<???>

"Where'd you get it?"

"Let's see...Aldi! I got it at Aldi! It came from one o' them countries you like, I s'pect."

<FYI - my dad is always giving me crap for my appreciation of the UK and Europe>

"And it's called 'Prosecutor ham?'"

"Yep, cut thin like a piece of paper, and it's cured, you don't have to cook it, but I cook it. I throw the whole pack in, and why, in just a minute, it curls right up, and I put my ayg right in there with it."

< 💡 >

"Did it come from Italy?"

"Yep, maybe. I think so. Prob'ly"

"Prosciutto, Dad. It's called 'prosciutto.'"

"That's what I said, Ayghead!"

My dad's nickname for me is Egghead.

:laugh:

In fact it sounds rather good to crisp up a load of prosciutto with a fried egg. :okay:

My wife brought some ganja oil (cannabis oil) yesterday for my fullritis.

I haven't got a clue how to administer it. A drop under my tongue? Rub it on my elbows? Sprinkle it on my chips?

View attachment 40888

You are supposed to put it under your tongue. Coincidentally, I ordered some for myself and it came Saturday, but I haven't used it yet. Mine is 2-3 drops I believe, just remembering from the ad, but how much depends on how strong it is. She didn't get directions?

Went for a walk at lunch and saw a starling family-mum, dad and 1 baby-they are so rare these days I had to stop and look.

Went for a walk at lunch and saw a starling family-mum, dad and 1 baby-they are so rare these days I had to stop and look.
You can have mine! We have a whole flock of them that roost on our porch railing making a giant mess.

We just got an e-mail from the place where we get caviar and truffles, and they have French black summer truffles in for a very reasonable price. I just spoke with Craig and told him I want some since I didn't get to go out for my birthday. He'll still be getting off cheaper than a dinner out.

You can have mine! We have a whole flock of them that roost on our porch railing making a giant mess.
Do you mean starlings are rare or that seeing a family with chick is rare? There are loads of starlings that come to my garden.

Starlings are rare around here these days, nowhere near as many as there used to be.

Very pleasant here this evening. 18:00 and 27°C, lowish humidity and a forecast of thunderstorms.

It's raining harder this morning than it was yesterday, warm wind is blowing, and it's 63F/17C. According to the meteorologist, that's the forecast for the next few days. We've gone from a tornado watch to a flash flood warning.

High of 16 deg c today, blue skies though. Ok medtran49 and Yorky i know nothing about oil, I smoked s bit in my teens but other than that I know nothing about the oil. Does it work and how?? I believe we are having a referendum here later this year to make it legal? I'm undecided, but prolly opposed to it?
Thoughts please

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom