The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
High of 16 deg c today, blue skies though. Ok medtran49 and Yorky i know nothing about oil, I smoked s bit in my teens but other than that I know nothing about the oil. Does it work and how?? I believe we are having a referendum here later this year to make it legal? I'm undecided, but prolly opposed to it?
Thoughts please

Russ

It is not the same as marijuana. The active ingredient is Cannabidiol, which does NOT give you a buzz. The active ingredient in marijuana that gets you high is THC, which is not present in CBD products.

CD

It is not the same as marijuana. The active ingredient is Cannabidiol, which does NOT give you a buzz. The active ingredient in marijuana that gets you high is THC, which is not present in CBD products.

CD

I know about thcs, so does the oil dull pain or work on the nerves? There's a shop,in Queensland, eumundi from memory, they have a hemp shop. It's always busy.

Russ

I have never tried it. I am skeptical.

CD
No real regulation or testing, especially with what you can buy off the internet, and what gets me is that it's touted to treat or cure everything from cancer to hemorrhoids.

I'm old enough to know there are no magic bullets that treat everything. I'm sure it has some beneficial application for some things, and we'll probably get that figured out in the next 25 years, but right now, we're definitely in the snake oil phase, IMO.

The CBD doesn't seem to be helping as my arthritis pain certainly isn't getting better, maybe even worse, but we also have had a lot of storm activity the last few days. I've also been having tummy troubles and am not sure if they are related. It was a very low price for a short trial so I think it's going back, but will give it a couple more days.

Recycling today. It is not all mine and unbelievably, he has three more calls to make!

We've had so much rain this week, I can look across my yard and there's a thin layer of glossy sheen across it, like a blanket of water. Well, it's thin until you step in it and sink up to your shins.

...and more forecast for today.

The water level in some parts of the glades is dangerously low. I hope we don't have a population explosion of deer with all the new "dry land". The last time that happened, it was a disaster when the water levels returned to normal.

It rained its ears off a little while ago, loud thunder, minor lightning, one scared cat.

We had thunderstorms all night last night. Not severe, but the thunder went on for hours. It was annoying, making it nearly impossible to fall asleep. It's supposed to be like this all weekend, with the most rain on Monday, a holiday in the US. Smoking ribs is going to be a challenge on Monday.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom