The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite episode is the Maine episode, where his cameraman, Zak Zamboni, takes him to his home state of Maine. I understand he used to go back to Maine on a regular basis.

CD
The first time I ever saw him, we were living in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota), and he came to the Mall Of America and ate in the food court.

His choice of restaurant was "Minnesota Picnic," a typical food court-style place that offered "traditional" Minnesota foods.

Well, one thing Minnesota is famous for is their state fair food, which generally equates to absolutely anything batter-dipped and deep-fried on a stick.

His choice was batter-dipped deep-fried cheesecake on a stick (not even that adventurous), and the look on his face when he tried it...if he'd had a button to wipe out all of humanity in a flash, I think he would have used it. :laugh:

I hate that cr&p, I also hate and stop watching when a chef brings their kids into the programme. I don't want to see your kids or friends, just cook.!!

Russ
Same here on the family and friends. It's the one drawback to watching Jacques Pepin, he'll occasionally include his daughter (now an adult) and/or his granddaughter (who's probably now in her early 20's).

You can find old episodes of his with his daughter when she was a teen...spoiled isn't the word, and now that she's grown and in her 40's/50's, she works for him, kind of like a professional minder, and she manages his social media, I think, and you can find videos of her online working shows and demos with him...completely unpleasant, sour, egotistical. Maybe she's a nice person in private, but her public persona, from what I've seen over many years, is anything but.

Ina Garten does the same thing, but with her friends (she doesn't have kids). She starts most episodes with some kind of situation, like "My dear, dear friends Trevor and Bunny are coming by today...," and then she outlines a menu she's going to make for them, and the show concludes with her friends showing up, and everyone sitting in her back garden, enjoying the food she just made.

Ina Garten's a nice person, seems very sweet, but those scenes, with her friends pulling up in a $90K car, dressed in designer clothes and Tiffany jewelry, just seem to scream, "Aren't we all just sooooooo much better than you poor slobs watching my show?!" :laugh:

The first time I ever saw him, we were living in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota), and he came to the Mall Of America and ate in the food court.

His choice of restaurant was "Minnesota Picnic," a typical food court-style place that offered "traditional" Minnesota foods.

Well, one thing Minnesota is famous for is their state fair food, which generally equates to absolutely anything batter-dipped and deep-fried on a stick.

His choice was batter-dipped deep-fried cheesecake on a stick (not even that adventurous), and the look on his face when he tried it...if he'd had a button to wipe out all of humanity in a flash, I think he would have used it. :laugh:

Same here on the family and friends. It's the one drawback to watching Jacques Pepin, he'll occasionally include his daughter (now an adult) and/or his granddaughter (who's probably now in her early 20's).

You can find old episodes of his with his daughter when she was a teen...spoiled isn't the word, and now that she's grown and in her 40's/50's, she works for him, kind of like a professional minder, and she manages his social media, I think, and you can find videos of her online working shows and demos with him...completely unpleasant, sour, egotistical. Maybe she's a nice person in private, but her public persona, from what I've seen over many years, is anything but.

Ina Garten does the same thing, but with her friends (she doesn't have kids). She starts most episodes with some kind of situation, like "My dear, dear friends Trevor and Bunny are coming by today...," and then she outlines a menu she's going to make for them, and the show concludes with her friends showing up, and everyone sitting in her back garden, enjoying the food she just made.

Ina Garten's a nice person, seems very sweet, but those scenes, with her friends pulling up in a $90K car, dressed in designer clothes and Tiffany jewelry, just seem to scream, "Aren't we all just sooooooo much better than you poor slobs watching my show?!" :laugh:

We have a stuck up rich bit$& cook here called annabelle langbein, always end in rich schmucks sitting around eating. I've watched maybe twice?

Russ

We have two sets of everyday flatware, so 16 butter knives, 16 forks, etc.

I ran the dishwasher overnight, and MrsTasty emptied this morning, so everything was fully stocked.

Somehow, between about 9:30AM and now (4:30PM), we have managed to use every single butter knife. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I ran the dishwasher overnight, and MrsTasty emptied this morning, so everything was fully stocked.

Somehow, between about 9:30AM and now (4:30PM), we have managed to use every single butter knife. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol, mr7 here is the biggest user of plastic cups, we have about 12 of them for the grandkids when they are here. Mr7 gets through the whole lot in one day. And leaves them on the bench. The dishwasher at night the top glass tray is full of various coloured plastic cups.

Russ

Cool here. 17:30. 26°C and residual drizzle after a heavy thunderstorm. Just what we needed.

We have a stuck up rich bit$& cook here called annabelle langbein, always end in rich schmucks sitting around eating. I've watched maybe twice?

Russ
She is available on a channel here in my area. I've only watched a couple of times. Reminds me of Martha Stewart, who I can't stand.

Good morning, afternoon, evening (where applicable) how are we all?
Sun is shining, another hot day :sun:
Hot, mostly cloudy, and muggy, on the way to 80F/27C. The humidity is already fairly oppressive, and it's not even 8AM.

She is available on a channel here in my area. I've only watched a couple of times. Reminds me of Martha Stewart, who I can't stand.
One thing I do like about Martha Stewart - she can laugh at herself. A lot of people in her position don't have that ability. She's the first one to get on board skewering her own reputation, and she's really funny with it.

Hot, mostly cloudy, and muggy, on the way to 80F/27C. The humidity is already fairly oppressive, and it's not even 8AM.

One thing I do like about Martha Stewart - she can laugh at herself. A lot of people in her position don't have that ability. She's the first one to get on board skewering her own reputation, and she's really funny with it.

You mean her position of being an ex-con and boring as hell? :whistling:

That's a lot of butter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom