The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean her position of being an ex-con and boring as hell? :whistling:
Well, she doesn't shy away from her past legal troubles and laughs about her reputation as being rather...demanding. She's hilarious when she makes the rounds of the late-night shows, and she has a great chemistry with Conan O'Brien in particular. His clips of visiting her farm and her studio are fantastic, as are her comedy roast appearances.

She is, of course, fun to laugh at, as well. I can't remember exactly what she was making, some sort of cake, and she said something like, "...and now that all the dry ingredients have been added to the wet ingredients, stir exactly 34 times with a wooden spoon...34, not 33, and not 35. 34."

:laugh:

There's a great clip of her making Thanksgiving dinner on an Aga, our in her barn, of all places. Looks like she's about 12 years old in it. She had that demeanor even then.

Well, she doesn't shy away from her past legal troubles and laughs about her reputation as being rather...demanding. She's hilarious when she makes the rounds of the late-night shows, and she has a great chemistry with Conan O'Brien in particular. His clips of visiting her farm and her studio are fantastic, as are her comedy roast appearances.

She is, of course, fun to laugh at, as well. I can't remember exactly what she was making, some sort of cake, and she said something like, "...and now that all the dry ingredients have been added to the wet ingredients, stir exactly 34 times with a wooden spoon...34, not 33, and not 35. 34."

There's a great clip of her making Thanksgiving dinner on an Aga, our in her barn, of all places. Looks like she's about 12 years old in it. She had that demeanor even then.

The chemisty with her and Snoop Dogg is something I dig, while I dig neither on their own. And I rarely dig people, if you know what I mean :roflmao:

By the time those late night shows come on, I'm fast asleep. I'm glad you like her, but to each their own.

By the time those late night shows come on, I'm fast asleep. I'm glad you like her, but to each their own.
I can't stay up that late, I watch them on reply during daylight hours. She's a hoot!

I'll add this: I've made a few of her recipes, not a lot, but they've all worked for me, so she seems to know what she's doing.

I can't stay up that late, I watch them on reply during daylight hours. She's a hoot!

I'll add this: I've made a few of her recipes, not a lot, but they've all worked for me, so she seems to know what she's doing.

Can't say I've ever seen Martha Stewart. I've heard of her though. We do get some American cooking shows here on Food Network but not hers. Also, her recipes sometimes come up on searches and her website is (ridiculously) banned to EU countries. This happened with a lot of US websites when new EU laws came in a while back. Almost all have now amended their policies so that access is not denied. It seems ridiculous that such a high profile site is still inaccessible.

She does seem to have lightened up after her fall and prison time.

CD

Well good afternoon all. Summer is here and that means my life becomes a hellscape of endless mowing and weed eating. Also lots of bug bites and poison ivy. Despite all that I feel great and happy to be alive. I aim to have staff one day and be as much like Martha Stewart as I can manage. I will spend my days baking and perfecting recipes, and bossing my gardener around. I'm looking forward to it.

Well good afternoon all. Summer is here and that means my life becomes a hellscape of endless mowing and weed eating.

Do you have a big garden? Mine is long (but thin in width). I find it too much to cope with but luckily found a gardener a few years ago who comes every few weeks in summer.

Yes, summer is here, and I got my second floor AC system replaced today. Another five grand out the window, while I'm not working.

CD

My bedroom A/C unit is being replaced today. The old one is 19 years old.

Do you have a big garden? Mine is long (but thin in width). I find it too much to cope with but luckily found a gardener a few years ago who comes every few weeks in summer.
Yes it's rather large and the worst of it is it's in terrible condition because of the dogs. They have dug so much all over that pushing the mower over it is next to impossible. I keep telling myself it's good exercise LOL.

With temps hitting the low 90Fs and 70 to 80% relative humidity, AC is critical. A nursing home got sued for not getting the AC up and running immediately after Irma, even though the power was out. They didn't have a b/u generator and several folks died.

Air Con is pretty well essential though I guess?

Where we live I would consider aircon to be essential but only to be comfortable. Our bedroom aircon has been captained for a week and we have managed, albeit the temperatures have not exceeded 36°C during that week. At a guess I would say 70% of the population manage without aircon even in temperatures in excess of 40°C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom