The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is cooking show day on PBS (Public Broadcasting System) - watching six cooking shows on three local stations.

The first up was America's Test Kitchen, which I don't care for all that much since founder Chris Kimball left. Anyway, the first recipe up (top beef loin roast with potatoes) highlighted a major peeve of mine with many TV chefs - something I call "Imgonnaitis."

I counted, and in the nine minutes it took to make the recipe, the chef said either "I'm gonna..." or "We're gonna," a whopping 57 times!

"Ok, I'm gonna take my knife and I'm gonna cut a crosshatch in the fat cap on the roast, and now I'm gonna really season that, and we're gonna really work that in there, and now I'm gonna move that to our roasting pan, and we're gonna brown that over two burners..."

So distracting! 😡

Today is cooking show day on PBS (Public Broadcasting System) - watching six cooking shows on three local stations.

The first up was America's Test Kitchen, which I don't care for all that much since founder Chris Kimball left. Anyway, the first recipe up (top beef loin roast with potatoes) highlighted a major peeve of mine with many TV chefs - something I call "Imgonnaitis."

I counted, and in the nine minutes it took to make the recipe, the chef said either "I'm gonna..." or "We're gonna," a whopping 57 times!

"Ok, I'm gonna take my knife and I'm gonna cut a crosshatch in the fat cap on the roast, and now I'm gonna really season that, and we're gonna really work that in there, and now I'm gonna move that to our roasting pan, and we're gonna brown that over two burners..."

So distracting! 😡

I can see why that would be distracting.
I watched The Roux Legacy, Michel snr had a very sexy voice.

Watching some cooking shows today. First one was on Vegas. Host goes to the Red Rocks Buffet. Said it was voted number one in Vegas. Been there. Thought it was average at best. Next show was on New Orleans. Been to dozens of French Quarter area places to eat. The show spotlights a place I won’t name. It’s a Po Boy shop in the Quarter. Looked it up thinking I would hit it next trip there. The health inspection score was a 58.

Watched a couple of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations yesterday. Great guy.

My favorite episode is the Maine episode, where his cameraman, Zak Zamboni, takes him to his home state of Maine. I understand he used to go back to Maine on a regular basis.

CD

So distracting! 😡

I hate that cr&p, I also hate and stop watching when a chef brings their kids into the programme. I don't want to see your kids or friends, just cook.!!

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom