The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of pizza, I had another one the other night, wife bought about 5 a week or so ago, $2 each. Meat lovers for $2, some bodies losing money!! I added cheese chorizo, cheap brand, bacon ham and pineapple. Good squirt of BBQ. I would have paid $15 for it. I've asked wife to get more.

Russ

Onion & olive sounds good. I await to be enlightened about 'pork tenderloin crust'.
Well, the young woman seeing to the register didn't know, and the fellow who would've know wasn't available (so that means smoking or toilet...or both).

I'll find out from them them, though. They're about 15 minutes from the house. Knowing where I live like I do, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a giant 16" pre-formed pork patty. :wink:

Oh, third local place (meaning non-chain) that I've been to, workers not wearing a masks, even though its required. 3 for 3! :laugh: 💀

"Drinkers in Thailand are advised to be careful when posting pictures of themselves partying, after several citizens were called to meet law enforcement officials for defying the law. Under Section 32 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, posting a photo of an alcoholic drink on social media can be punished with a fine of up to Bt500,000." - The Nation.

Bt 500,000.00 = c. US$16,000.00

"Drinkers in Thailand are advised to be careful when posting pictures of themselves partying, after several citizens were called to meet law enforcement officials for defying the law. Under Section 32 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, posting a photo of an alcoholic drink on social media can be punished with a fine of up to Bt500,000." - The Nation.

I think it was around 5 or 6 years ago when the government prohibited the advertising of alcoholic beverages in Thailand.

Thai Beverage plc is a major brewer of beer in Thailand.

This was their logo for Chang Beer:

After the law was enacted, they started producing and selling water. This is their logo for the water.

Is their a significant religious influence over the Thai government? That is the problem in Texas. Dallas is the home base of the Southern Baptist Convention (the organization's name, not a "convention" in the normal sense). Evangelical Christians pull a lot of political strings in Texas, especially in North Texas (which includes Dallas).

CD

Ugh...snaking my kitchen drain. I think I have to admit it's time to call the plumber and have this done properly.

Those drains don't half stink when you get them all apart. It smells like Beelzebub crop-dusted my kitchen. 😈 💨

Ugh...snaking my kitchen drain. I think I have to admit it's time to call the plumber and have this done properly.

Those drains don't half stink when you get them all apart. It smells like Beelzebub crop-dusted my kitchen. 😈 💨

I just shove spirits of salt down it (AKA hydrochloric acid). Its lethal but it seems to work.

300 years ago today Mrs. Clements invented the method of preparing mustard flour or powder, which was known for a long time as Durham Mustard. This method extracted the full flavor from the mustard seed, and Durham Mustard became hugely popular. Production of the original Durham has been passed on to Colmans of Norwich.

Last edited:
300 years ago today Mrs. Clements invented the method of preparing mustard flour or powder, which was known for a long time as Durham Mustard. This method extracted the full flavor from the mustard seed, and Durham Mustard became hugely popular. Production of the original Durham has been passed on to Colmans of Norwich.

I just ordered some today!

The first time I ever saw mustard powder, I was a kid (in the US, obvs), and I was watching some B&W English movie, probably made in the late-50's, early-60's.

In one scene, a cafe owner snaps at a girl working there, "We need more mustard, girl! Get on with it!"

She went in the back, pulled down a giant tin, measured out a heap of it, and mixed it with water (I suppose), and I remember thinking, "What in the world is that? Mustard? From a powder? Must've been some kind of post-war rationing thing." :)

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is 99 years old today.

Ah, yes. That photo looks like it was taken when he was a spry 92. :) - Happy Birthday, Old Man (and said with respect, because 99 is an accomplishment, I don't care who you are)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom