The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These products are made to last a certain amount of time, although 2 years is shorter than I'd expect. They want you being new ones every few years. Phone, computers -- they are all that way.

If the battery is cheap, I'd give that a try. If there is not a lot of difference between a new battery and what Carphone Warehouse is (are) offering on a new phone. It may be a longer term solution.

CD

Thing is TVC has a Samsung, had it a long time with no issues. I don't want an Iphone.

I'd get a new phone because as caseydog pointed out, they are only made to last a couple of years anyway. Something else will go wrong if you just replace the battery.

Thing is TVC has a Samsung, had it a long time with no issues. I don't want an Iphone.

Although I don't like how Apple is run under Steve Cook, I have gotten long life (relatively) out of my iPhones. I have a camera that is probably almost as good as a Samsung phone :whistling:, and got hooked into iPhone because all my computers are Macs, so everything syncs up -- necessary when I travel.

Samsung and Apple are the dominant players in the US. Everyone I know has one or the other.

CD

I have a camera that is probably almost as good as a Samsung phone :whistling:, and got hooked into iPhone because all my computers are Macs, so everything syncs up

Tee hee! I've toyed with the idea of an iPhone but that is because my PC is a Macbook Pro and I use the iCloud to store photos and edit photos using the Mac. The interesting thing is that you can use a smartphone to take pics without a Sim card so it doesn't need to be your contract phone.

Although I don't like how Apple is run under Steve Cook, I have gotten long life (relatively) out of my iPhones. I have a camera that is probably almost as good as a Samsung phone :whistling:, and got hooked into iPhone because all my computers are Macs, so everything syncs up -- necessary when I travel.

Samsung and Apple are the dominant players in the US. Everyone I know has one or the other.

CD
I went from Nokia to Blackberry to iPhone, not upgrading till I absolutely had to (still on iPhone 5s). I love iPhones and really can't get on with Android, which I have on a work tablet. The iPhone camera is fine for most situations (especially food shots!) but not so good for distance shots or for use in bright sunshine. Then the old school Nikon comes out, and I wonder why I don't use it more often!

I went to Samsung years ago, wife has Apple as her work pays for her phone and I pad. She's always saying she wish she had Samsung. Even said how much quicker my phone is, I should update but this ones 3 ? Years old and works perfectly. Although a few tiny nicks on the screen. Mr7 loves Samsung because of the games I can get. I too am off contract so I may see what the telco can do for me. I used to get free phones when I was spending a lot with them. I'm with spark, used to be telecom, but they spent millions to come up with spark. Crazy eh?
Russ

Music to my ears. Well, maybe, How old are we talking? Film?

CD
Sorry, no. I do have an old Pentax that uses film, but I haven't used it for years. It's just a trusty, reliable D50, my wife's actually. We've built up a selection of lenses over the years, and it does everything we need. I've also got an older Fujifilm Finepix that I bought specifically to take on safari about 20 years ago - it's very compact and built like a tank.

I have an iPhone 11 and iPad provided by my employer. I own a personal Android. Both take great pictures and serves my needs well. My family is biased towards Apple.

I have an iPhone 11 and iPad provided by my employer. I own a personal Android. Both take great pictures and serves my needs well. My family is biased towards Apple.

I have 3 colleagues all with Iphones and they drone endlessly about them as though they are the best phones ever-then complain when they have issues :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom