The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're fairly moderate today. High in the mid-70's, no rain forecasted, so I might get some mowing done.

Its so bloody hot here: 31C or 87 F. Probably nothing to you guys who are used to high temperatures but I'm really suffering. My energy is rock bottom and my ankles are swollen (that always happens in the heat). Just having a moan...

Its so bloody hot here: 31C or 87 F. Probably nothing to you guys who are used to high temperatures but I'm really suffering. My energy is rock bottom and my ankles are swollen (that always happens in the heat). Just having a moan...
Yep, that's about an average summer temp for my area. August is usually the hottest month.

We are a bit below average at 88F today. But, it is humid from all the rain the last three days evaporating from the ground. Do you have air conditioning in any part of your house?

CD

No - its very uncommon here to have air con because its really only hot in the UK for a few weeks of the year. Believe me I've considered it though!
Back in the '90's, when my in-laws came over for a visit, we took them to London for the day, and it was a brutally hot summer. People were passing out at the Changing Of The Guard, for example.

It got close to lunchtime, and we started looking for a place, but my MIL insisted that any restaurant we chose had to have central air.

"A/C's not really a thing here, unless maybe you go to a hotel dining room."

She didn't want to do that, so off we went, in one pub and out, in another pub and out, over and over. Finally, we told her, "Look, you better quit being so picky, because the pubs all shut at 2PM, and you're going to be stuck with McDonald's if you're lucky, so make up your mind!"

"They have McDonald's here? I want to eat at McDonald's!"

Thank god we passed a place, while we were trudging up to McD's, that did have A/C. Food wasn't much, but they had good beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom