The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you took the money out how come its paid out?
I think it's simply to do with retaining a stake in it. Because I was a member or 'stakeholder' or whatever they want to call it, I was entitled to something. They gave me the choice of taking the money or transferring to a new scheme.

I don't like the expression 'no brainer', but I think it applies in this case.

Indeed it is. I have been extremely lucky as no one I know got sick or into financial distress, but it's still not a pleasant moment to be alive.

I would like to say "I know how you feel" but I don't, everyone see life differently. Lockdown is crap and I cope by cooking just to keep my mind off C-19, but I end up putting on weight cos my wife is on a diet and I have to eat it all.
Lissa I challenge you to post on every thread on this forum, that will take your mind off lockdown until the spring. If you take the challenge I will post a reply on every thread that you do.

I would like to say "I know how you feel" but I don't, everyone see life differently. Lockdown is crap and I cope by cooking just to keep my mind off C-19, but I end up putting on weight cos my wife is on a diet and I have to eat it all.
Lissa I challenge you to post on every thread on this forum, that will take your mind off lockdown until the spring. If you take the challenge I will post a reply on every thread that you do.

LissaC, I will back Sticky Fingers and reply to every post you make. You are NOT alone!

Dear mjd-lovescooking and Sticky Fingers thank you SO MUCH for your kindness!! Don't be worried really, I'm doing fine, right now cooking and eating aren't exciting activities but this will change and I'll go back to enjoying these activities. And I'll keep reading this forum and seeing what everyone else is sharing and maybe find new exciting recipes to try :D

I'm doing fine, right now cooking and eating aren't exciting activities
I guarantee it will excite me if you post a Seafood Cataplana recipe in the competition
1605077005960.png

Well, I started digging the lights out and testing them, and ended up getting out all the outside stuff, and putting up maybe 20% of the lights.

Better news, though: we've been kicking around what to do for a tree this year (real, fake, etc) and MrsT finally just ordered a European-style artificial tree, unlit (I don't like prelit trees, because the lights fail after a couple of years, and out in the trash goes the tree), from Balsam Hill, who provide all the artificial trees for all those cheesy Hallmark movies.

Getting it next week! Can't wait!

Well, I started digging the lights out and testing them, and ended up getting out all the outside stuff, and putting up maybe 20% of the lights.

Better news, though: we've been kicking around what to do for a tree this year (real, fake, etc) and MrsT finally just ordered a European-style artificial tree, unlit (I don't like prelit trees, because the lights fail after a couple of years, and out in the trash goes the tree), from Balsam Hill, who provide all the artificial trees for all those cheesy Hallmark movies.

Getting it next week! Can't wait!
Just a reminder, there are twelve days of Christmas, and none of them are in November :laugh:

Has your job changed a lot since covid?
Not really. EASA and the CAA have basically said that Covid is not an excuse to postpone routine maintenance.

At the beginning, when we were locked down, we only had one team member in our technical block at a time, and at handover of watch the outgoing duty watch officer wrote a note to the incoming DWO to let them know the status of the equipment etc. Both shifts liberally wiped everything with anti viral stuff.

Now that we are Covid free life goes on as normal just with much reduced flights to the outside world.

I say Covid free but we recently had a small cluster of about a dozen cases. apparently they have found the source and via track and trace have nipped it in the bud.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) | States of Guernsey - COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom