The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brr
Another chilly start to today.
Screenshot_20230204_075832_Ecowitt.jpg

That's mid 40s in old money.

By the start of next week, we're due back into the low 30s centigrade, but overnight temps week still be low, just not quite so cold. The house is only 14°C inside at the moment, so high 50s in F.

Oh, and unlike the insults and verbal abuse I took from DirecTV when we cancelled their service (back when we first moved to Frontier), Frontier was easy to cancel. No attempt to keep me on, sell me anything extra, and no snide remarks.

When I switched from ATT to T-Mobile, ATT made me stay on the phone for 15 minutes to cancel my account. I spent that 15 minutes saying. "NO!" I finally lost my temper, but did not resort to profanity.

CD

Nort Texas weather update. More winter weather whiplash. Ice storm Wednesday, 71F/22C Monday.

1675461612372.jpeg

I'm not sure why I post both F and C temperatures, since almost nobody on the C side reciprocates.

CD

When I switched from ATT to T-Mobile, ATT made me stay on the phone for 15 minutes to cancel my account. I spent that 15 minutes saying. "NO!" I finally lost my temper, but did not resort to profanity.

CD
When we cancelled DirecTV, AT&T had just acquired them. DirecTV used to get awards for their customer service, lots of write-ups about how other companies should follow their model. We’d been with them for 17 years when we cancelled.

When we cancelled, it went from badgering/harassing to downright insulting/threatening. They wanted to send a tech out, they wanted to send new equipment, they wanted to throw in HBO/Starz/NFL Sunday Ticket for free, and I kept saying no, no, no thanks, just cancel, no, not interested.

It took forever, there was some profanity on both our parts (he started it!), but it got done. I swore no matter what, no matter how sweet the deal, no more DirecTV for us ever again, which was sad, because for 16.9 years, they were pretty good.

Nort Texas weather update. More winter weather whiplash. Ice storm Wednesday, 71F/22C Monday.

View attachment 95858

I'm not sure why I post both F and C temperatures, since almost nobody on the C side reciprocates.

CD
I’m eagerly awaiting tomorrow’s weather - my wife’s hometown is supposed to be in -50F area. Bwaaaahaaahaa!

I’m eagerly awaiting tomorrow’s weather - my wife’s hometown is supposed to be in -50F area. Bwaaaahaaahaa!
This is the current temp and windchill in my wife’s hometown:

For the Fahrenheiters:
A7A3C8F3-80B8-4C7A-B6BF-D538F43BAD8E.jpeg

For the Celsiuses:
38F79B21-D7EF-4DC7-B415-66BC9AE9FC86.jpeg

The only time I don't specify the scale that I use for temperature is -40.

I wish the iPhone weather app just displayed both on the same screen, or at least put a toggle right on the screen so I could click once and flip back and forth.

As it is, it’s four clicks…FOUR!…to go from F to C. As someone once said, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

This is the current temp and windchill in my wife’s hometown:

For the Fahrenheiters:
View attachment 95866

For the Celsiuses:
View attachment 95867
What's that pressure equivalent to... inches of mercury never even occurred to me that it existed! Lol.

I'm in hPa anyhow... (hectoPascals (hPa), also called millibars). Always have been for some reason.
Screenshot_20230204_144153_Ecowitt.jpg

I'm just left wondering how they are related?

Goes off....

Yuck that's not a nice conversion at all, and varies according to air temperature as well.

"1 Hectopascal [hPa] = 0.029 529 983 301 01 Inch of mercury [inHg]"

Well, you just know we couldn’t all have the same thing…it has to be different! :wink:
I was just looking at the old barometer I brought from the UK. It was by grandparents before they both passed. It has inHg in it though I'd never really appreciated... it also has an alcohol thermometer as well.

20230204_205116.jpg

I had to make some major adjustments to it for living at nearly 900m altitude. It was a sea level previously. And yes, the indoor temperature is only 16/17°C at the moment. That's the warmest it's been all day. Brrr. This is a darn frustrating summer this year. By Monday we're due 31°C again (mid to upper 80sF)

Yeah I know. It needs dusting.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR To dang cold. My heater hasn't gone off since last evening.

2-4-2023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom