The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my customers about 20 years ago used to buy their staff a xmas ham each. They had 100 staff. While handing them out one year they heard staff say " what, another bloody ham"
They stopped it from then on.
A lesson learnt.

When I had staff I gave cash payments at xmas.

Russ

Management buys every year, you pick 2 items from: red wine, white wine, biscuits or chocolates. Ever year people grumble, change their minds etc..it is such a pain. Not every company buys for their employees. Our bosses look after us yet people still complain.

We give staff cash. Proper money is what's actually wanted. Christmas is generally a more expensive time no matter how you approach it. It's enough to cover most peoples Christmas costs plus some.

IMO if your business is making a profit the staff are the ones who helped make that happen and it doesn't take much thought or effort to put money aside for something that can make a difference.

Tbh you get it back in loyalty and effort that far exceeds the cost of treating people properly.

Delayed at airport. Most entertaining watching the passengers for the Bristol flight trying to board the plane for Sofia.

My flight to Bristol (cheap, daytime and midweek) appeals to shall we say an older demographic, many of them clearly homeowners and winter sun oldies and by jove they’re very entitled!

Dozens of them are ignoring the staff and repeatedly trying to board the wrong plane just because they’re that desperate to get to the front of the queue.

They’ve had to call security because they can’t get the flight for Sofia loaded 😂

Wish I was on a different flight, their appalling manners are such an embarrassment!

All the younger gen are looking on in horror 🫣

As we get older, I think we’ve somewhat earned the right to horrify the young’uns with our behavior! :laugh:

It’s not possible to earn the right to be rude.
The idiots managed to cause a gate change and another delay to try and disentangle them 🙄

I think they should have just let them get onto the flight to Sofia, bet they’d pay attention to staff the next time 😂

Yep, it was a cold night.
Slept well though Screenshot_20231222_064234_Weatherzone+.jpg

Everyone at work is expecting to be cut loose at lunch, since it’s the last work day before Christmas.

I, however, do not think it will happen. I’m betting the corporate mindset is, “They’ve got the whole weekend to get ready for Christmas, they don’t need to leave early today…now let’s adjourn to the Executive Dining Room for omelettes and mimosas!”

I have an old friend who used to keep his fully decorated tree in a big old cabinet on his sun porch..when it was time to decorate for xmas, he just grabbed it and put it in the corner..done and dusted..time for beer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom