The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheather it is a changing. Cold last week, hot this week.

1676866720939.jpeg

An allergic reaction can cause the meds not to work, and it seems like that's the case for me with Remicade. The pain is coming back already, and the meds should last me 4 weeks now if they worked. In the past Remicade didn't work for me for long either, so I guess it's no surprise just dissapointing.

Good news is I am seeing the head GI nurse today who can take it up with my doctor, most likely I will need to switch to another immunosuppresive and start the whole process over again. But the doctor mentioned one I don't remember the name of, so that's definitely new and hopefully will help.

Our week rounded out as follows
  • Confirmed carpal tunnel in both hands, possibly needing 2 more surgeries to deal with (Tuesday) .
  • 2 people we know survived the week by the skin of their teeth
    • Mum survived stroke (Wednesday)
    • Landlady's daughter survived nasty crash after being run off the road (Saturday)
  • 2 people we know didn't survive the week.
    • One dropped dead at work, didn't respond to CPR or defibrillator (Friday)
    • Other died at home (though expected from age and health) (I'm unsure on exact day)
Don't need another week like that. Still need to let people know regarding my mum and make arrangements for the surgeries, but more pressingly is my blood pressure which instead of being it's stubborn 145/90 is currently 112/59 and I'm going dizzy if I bend over. I didn't take either medication for BP today and that reading was an hour ago. I guess I won't be taking it again tomorrow either!

(PS, this is nothing unusual. My BP needs had to be quadrupled not so long ago, so we were well aware that they would drop again randomly. Also I've changed diuretic to one that helps my body hang on to potassium and it's likely my potassium levels are higher than I'm used to hence the BP issues. I just need to ring the doctors in the morning. I had a blood test on Thursday so need to check...)

Our week rounded out as follows
  • Confirmed carpal tunnel in both hands, possibly needing 2 more surgeries to deal with (Tuesday) .
  • 2 people we know survived the week by the skin of their teeth
    • Mum survived stroke (Wednesday)
    • Landlady's daughter survived nasty crash after being run off the road (Saturday)
  • 2 people we know didn't survive the week.
    • One dropped dead at work, didn't respond to CPR or defibrillator (Friday)
    • Other died at home (though expected from age and health) (I'm unsure on exact day)
Don't need another week like that. Still need to let people know regarding my mum and make arrangements for the surgeries, but more pressingly is my blood pressure which instead of being it's stubborn 145/90 is currently 112/59 and I'm going dizzy if I bend over. I didn't take either medication for BP today and that reading was an hour ago. I guess I won't be taking it again tomorrow either!

(PS, this is nothing unusual. My BP needs had to be quadrupled not so long ago, so we were well aware that they would drop again randomly. Also I've changed diuretic to one that helps my body hang on to potassium and it's likely my potassium levels are higher than I'm used to hence the BP issues. I just need to ring the doctors in the morning. I had a blood test on Thursday so need to check...)
Really sorry this is going on for you, wish there was something I could do. But I can't do anything from here but send digital hugs and cross my fingers for you.:hug:

I don't always reply because my life isn't a cakewalk either right now, but I do deeply feel for the amount of challenges thrown your way. I really do hope some relief comes soon! 🙏 and as always, I am impressed by your ability to cope.

Good news is I am seeing the head GI nurse today who can take it up with my doctor, most likely I will need to switch to another immunosuppresive and start the whole process over again.
It does make me feel sorry that you have to go through this process again, I have not been around much, but I remember you had previously a hospital stay ...I wish you a speed solution finding and better health road ahead! Head and optimism up! :hug:

Don't need another week like that.
Goodness, so much stress...I am so sorry. Hope and wish you recover ASAP and can keep stability as much as possible! BP is a huge issue...I hope you find remedy soon.
I hope your mother is well taken care of, and is not suffering pain.
My condolences for the people who died. May they rest in peace.

A month ago we had a sad situation where my boyfriend was planning to visit the grave of his deceased friend ( who was 40 y old when he died) in a town 300 km away from us. As they were trying to talk to the friend's father, to pay a visit, they learned, he, the father, was battling colon cancer, and had been in surgery and to be released a day prior to my boyfriends' visit. plus, the father has a daughter, who is about 30+ years, mentally unstable, and needs to be taken care of. The father's wife is dead for some time now. So it is really a difficult time for the father. My boyfriend and I were really empathizing deeply. I offered to help in any way they may consider useful. Apparently at his point, we could not help in any useful way. I did provide candles for the grave visit. The least ...
They, my boyfriend and 2 of his friends, who were all friends with the deceased, did visit the grave but did not visit the father, to let him recover from his surgery.My prayers went for all persons involved.

It does make me feel sorry that you have to go through this process again, I have not been around much, but I remember you had previously a hospital stay ...I wish you a speed solution finding and better health road ahead! Head and optimism up! :hug:
Yeah this is part of the aftermath of that, two hospital stays this year caused by what we now know is active Crohns disease. We're currently trying to find the right medication which is given through IV in hospital so I have to spend a day there every few weeks.
The one I got the past month has stopped working so we need to switch, but when we hopefully find something that works it could last for decades so fingers crossed we find the right meds soon 🙏

⭐️Well not all is lost yet ⭐

I'm getting an antibodies test for the meds, if that's negative we'll still have to wait until at least may to know if it works properly because apparently it's normal that my pain is not gone entirely because usually it doesn't even do anything before the 3 month mark. So actually that's good news, and my abcesses are healing which also indicates something is improving.

So I will have to give it more time.. If all else fails I'll get some prednisone but for now we've settled on more anti inflammatories.

Almost got run over this evening in the H-E-B parking lot. Some woman texting and driving. It's a good thing I have good hearing, because she drove up from behind me. She missed me by about two feet, because I heard her, looked over my shoulder and STOPPED. As she went by, I could see her looking down at her lap. She never saw me.

I didn't think fast enough to give my shopping cart a little push. :laugh:

CD

Almost got run over this evening in the H-E-B parking lot.
I had something similar happen here this past weekend.

The international market sits in a huge retail development divided by a two-lane access road. There are crosswalks to get from the shops on the north side to the ones on the south side, at regular intervals.

People absolutely fly up and down this, not considering that’s it’s not really a proper road, but just a way to get from one end of the complex to the other.

I needed to cross, so I figured my chances were better with a shopping cart, so I grabbed one and inched out into the crosswalk. Busy Saturday, so it was like trying to cross the racetrack at Daytona.

Around here, cars slow down/stop just enough for you to cross right in front of them, so it’s the norm to have cars behind you and in front of you driving through the crosswalk. Just the ones you’re passing in front of will be stopped.

I was about 2/3rds through the crosswalk when I looked up and saw someone in a big Ford 4-door 4WD heading right for me at top speed…head down, looking at his GD phone. 😡

I had to dive out of the way, Hollywood style, and it was probably my imagination, but I swear I felt the wake of him flying by.

Funny thing was, I was contemplating getting a beer at one of the little bars there, because it was too early for lunch. I’d just about decided against it, but that changed my mind. :laugh:

I had something similar happen here this past weekend.

The international market sits in a huge retail development divided by a two-lane access road. There are crosswalks to get from the shops on the north side to the ones on the south side, at regular intervals.

People absolutely fly up and down this, not considering that’s it’s not really a proper road, but just a way to get from one end of the complex to the other.

I needed to cross, so I figured my chances were better with a shopping cart, so I grabbed one and inched out into the crosswalk. Busy Saturday, so it was like trying to cross the racetrack at Daytona.

Around here, cars slow down/stop just enough for you to cross right in front of them, so it’s the norm to have cars behind you and in front of you driving through the crosswalk. Just the ones you’re passing in front of will be stopped.

I was about 2/3rds through the crosswalk when I looked up and saw someone in a big Ford 4-door 4WD heading right for me at top speed…head down, looking at his GD phone. 😡

I had to dive out of the way, Hollywood style, and it was probably my imagination, but I swear I felt the wake of him flying by.

Funny thing was, I was contemplating getting a beer at one of the little bars there, because it was too early for lunch. I’d just about decided against it, but that changed my mind. :laugh:
I'd need several, and perhaps a change of underwear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom