The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh believe me, I’m probably going to need to be put on a longe line I’m so out of practice…I hope I can remember how to steer!
It's much like riding a bike. You'll only need to fall off once to remember exactly how to stay on a horse even when it bolts!

(My sister used to show jump and her horse would only let 3 people ride it. I was one of those people though I never jumped. Her horse was murder to keep in any field clearing gates or hedgerows to get back to the stables of its own accord. )

Sometimes I'm left wondering.

We've just seen a consultant who has confirmed that I have carpal tunnel in both hands/wrists. I'm due a hip replacement in 6 weeks time and the likelihood is that I'll need 2 more surgeries for the CT.

Out of the blue, Hubby commented that my morphine intake was down this last week. It is and I've noticed this last time my weight dropped to below 63kg. And the less I weigh the easier my back pain is etc. So i really need to work hard to get it right down and keep it that way.

So the bit that caught me off guard was the question of was I going to need to get rid (surgically) of the excess skin that is now loose? I know he's genuinely concerned but asking me if I want plastic surgery for a tummy tuck on valentine's day? :o_o: lol. Only my hubby.
His timing is unique is probably the all I can say!

My reply was only if it becomes a health issue (with fungal infections or like wise), other wise 3 surgeries and an overseas trip this year is quite enough thank you!

I’m in the office today, first time in several months:

5A65986D-C752-4B2D-BF62-2F26590835D4.jpeg

Work has instructed everyone to come into the office for “at least” two days a week, which means no one is going to go in more than that. :laugh:

The funny thing is, I’ve been excused from coming in full stop, but my immediate manager isn’t sure why. I’m supposed to be moving to a building much closer to my house than the one I’m assigned now, so it could be that that move isn’t fully through the system yet, making me a man without a building for the moment, or it could be because the higher-ups looked at my commute time (60-90 mins each way) and permanently excused me.

Or it could be that I’ve just slipped through the cracks, and any inquiry into my “official” status might backfire, so I’m keeping my mouth shut for now and volunteering to go in one day a week. I legitimately feel bad that my coworkers are having to go in, but I (and one other person on my team 🤷🏻) have been excused.

So here I sit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom