The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wont be flying in next 12 months, like over there we too have canceled flights. Son supposed to leave Auckland direct to chch. Had to stay s night then Auckland to welly then 3 hr wait.then home.
Crazy times!!!

Russ
This is all weather related. Sydney was hit by big thunderstorms (75mm of rain in 1hr), high winds (+100km/h) and large hailstones yesterday afternoon. It's all fall out from that. Planes are stuck in the wrong place and too many people from the cancelled flights filling too few seats left available on today's flights.

We're flying back to the UK in October via Tokyo and on the way out Helsinki.

I've been spying...

Screenshot_20230210_175109_Opera.jpg

And yeah, he's finally at the airport he was due at yesterday morning!

Now to get his luggage, find the car, hope the tyre isn't flat, get something to eat and then drive 45-60 minutes home.

Yeah, he's home... here's the proof!

20230210_202542.jpg

But he must be knackered because he's decided not to have a beer (it's in the fridge ready for him), so given he's a T******, I'll have to report him to the head of the family and see if he's ill! (His family are not known for refusing alcohol especially beer.)

Yeah, he's home... here's the proof!

View attachment 96092
But he must be knackered because he's decided not to have a beer (it's in the fridge ready for him), so given he's a T******, I'll have to report him to the head of the family and see if he's ill! (His family are not known for refusing alcohol especially beer.)

Glad he is back safe :hug:

Glad your hubby finally made it home!

I had physio today, and I was finally cleared to try horseback riding again!!!!! Yayyyy!!! This is the longest I’ve gone without being on a horse since I was 11 and I can’t wait to get back to it.
You should start back on those little ponies that walk in a circle at the county fair. :wink:

Congrats! I know this is a big milestone for you.

Glad your hubby finally made it home!

I had physio today, and I was finally cleared to try horseback riding again!!!!! Yayyyy!!! This is the longest I’ve gone without being on a horse since I was 11 and I can’t wait to get back to it.

It's been about 25 years since I've been on a horse, and if I'm lucky, I'll live another 25 years without being on a horse. :meh:

Congrats, I guess. :happy:

CD

It's estimated that there are over 1 Million visitors in Phoenix this weekend...

Super Bowl Experience
Super Bowl Pre-Game
Super Bowl
PGA Phoenix Open

Sooooooo glad that we do not live anywhere near there!!
Mr&Mrs Next Door Neighbor wanted to stay for the weekend and watch the game at a local bar ... ARE YOU NUTS!
They were suggesting this back in September, but when I looked around for a hotel room, they were all booked already! 🙃

It's estimated that there are over 1 Million visitors in Phoenix this weekend...

Super Bowl Experience
Super Bowl Pre-Game
Super Bowl
PGA Phoenix Open

Sooooooo glad that we do not live anywhere near there!!
Mr&Mrs Next Door Neighbor wanted to stay for the weekend and watch the game at a local bar ... ARE YOU NUTS!
They were suggesting this back in September, but when I looked around for a hotel room, they were all booked already! 🙃

Hey, just go to the game in person. The cheap seats are only $4,500. Average ticket prices are $9,000! The most expensive seats, at midfield near the ground are $30,000. :eek:

CD

Hey, just go to the game in person. The cheap seats are only $4,500. Average ticket prices are $9,000! The most expensive seats, at midfield near the ground are $30,000. :eek:

CD
Say what caseydog , you're in Phoenix? And you're going to the Game tomorrow? Oh MAN! You must have booked all of this a year ago ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom