The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As CD says, pin or needle (sterilise it first) and then dig pulling the skin away with the needle... then savlon overnight.... savlon overnight may also bring it to the surface as well. (This usually works for me....)

Sometimes, just putting a piece of sticky tape over it, then peeling it off, will work.

I wil try anything to get this painful thing out.

CE4989EE-4F60-4540-BAA5-665F6A83C01C.jpeg

Now we earn more money my husband has agreed to take me out to Michelin star restaurants once in a while!
I just had to shop my first ever semi formal outfit due to the restaurant having a dress code!
We're going to Home Nederlands - Catch by Simonis on May 14th ❤️

And for my birthday on August 14 we're going to Restaurant Zheng – Fine dining restaurant Den Haag , can't wait! :hyper:

That's nice to hear. I hope the food lives up to the hype.

Over here, the Michelin Guide is relatively new, and they only rate about five cities in the US, like NYC, San Francisco and Chicago. They don't even have a Michelin Guide for Dallas. Michelin Guide has clear prejudices, and Texas does not fit its preconceived notions. They snub their noses at Texas restaurants, and I am fine with that.

What people here look for are James Beard award winning restaurants. Some of them are pricey, while some of them are not. It is more about the food than the pedigree of the chef.

CD

Over here, the Michelin Guide is relatively new, and they only rate about five cities in the US, like NYC, San Francisco and Chicago. They don't even have a Michelin Guide for Dallas. Michelin Guide has clear prejudices, and Texas does not fit its preconceived notions. They snub their noses at Texas restaurants, and I am fine with that.

What people here look for are James Beard award winning restaurants. Some of them are pricey, while some of them are not. It is more about the food than the pedigree of the chef.

CD
Thanks for hoping with me lol :laugh:

The origins of Michelin are in France but also the neighbour countries of France such as the Benelux, and I've been to Michelin restaurants when I was younger and they didn't dissapoint usually. Of course, it is a different experience now I am older so I hope I still get as wowed as I did back then.

They are of course mainly representatives of classical French cooking, which excludes many other good restaurants. I'm aware of that and I am sure your Texan restaurants can be excellent too, but I am going for the classic experience because that's exactly what I dreamed of but never could afford. I've cooked in a Michelin star kitchen as a trainee for a while, but never got to repeat the experiences of my younger years because of living on disability.
Now, it's my husbands income I live off and I am very lucky indeed!

In other news: my doctor was alarmed by the state of my foot ( it didn't look rheumatic before but it does now, took a year to show!) so finally I am getting medicine for the rheumatism on top of my Crohns treatment. Finally, I want to be able to move like normal!
We're starting Methotrexate soon.

Now we earn more money my husband has agreed to take me out to Michelin star restaurants once in a while!
I just had to shop my first ever semi formal outfit due to the restaurant having a dress code!
We're going to Home Nederlands - Catch by Simonis on May 14th ❤️

And for my birthday on August 14 we're going to Restaurant Zheng – Fine dining restaurant Den Haag , can't wait! :hyper:

CD

I think a lot depends on how high your expectations are and, let's be honest, there are some very refined palates on this forum :wink:

Seriously though I hope you enjoy every bite :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom