The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the last Christmas card sent out by the congressman responsible for the school's locality featured him. his wife and two of his children holding semi-automatic weapons.

Rep. Massie...

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 8.04.54 PM.jpg

Lauren Boebert did a Christmas tweet with her family...

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 8.05.39 PM.jpg

CD

Really cold again here. Went and took lunch to granddaughter .
Watching ted Cruz on fox atm. Drag stories on army bases. Wow.
I've been glued to cnn and fox all week.
That shooting was terrible r.i.p.

Russ
Yeah I'm livid about why they can't/won't ban assault rifles In the US. And Ted Cruz is smarmy and reeks of televangalism.

I wonder what caseydog thinks?

Russ

Ted "Cancun Ted" Cruz is one of the least liked members of the Senate, according to Senators. He is an embarrassment to Texas, but He gets re-elected because he has the letter "R" after his name on the ballot. Charles Manson could get elected in Texas if he has an "R" after his name. Sure, he's a psychopath and killer, but at least he's not a Democrat.

As for the assault weapons ban, I'm all for it, even though I'm a gun owner. I'm in the majority.

CD

Ted "Cancun Ted" Cruz is one of the least liked members of the Senate, according to Senators. He is an embarrassment to Texas, but He gets re-elected because he has the letter "R" after his name on the ballot. Charles Manson could get elected in Texas if he has an "R" after his name. Sure, he's a psychopath and killer, but at least he's not a Democrat.

As for the assault weapons ban, I'm all for it, even though I'm a gun owner. I'm in the majority.

CD

Thanks for your input. They love him on fox dont they? I watch bbc as well to get a balanced opinion.

Russ

Yeah I'm livid about why they can't/won't ban assault rifles In the US. And Ted Cruz is smarmy and reeks of televangalism.
Our gun laws were changed here after the muslim attacks here. Similar to ozzy after the shootings at Hobart over there. I never renewed mine.
I cringe when I see any shooting anywhere!!

Russ

Our gun laws were changed here after the muslim attacks here. Similar to ozzy after the shootings at Hobart over there. I never renewed mine.

Russ
I'm all for the right to bear arms, but only the police and military should be able to have assault rifles.

Russ

From what I've seen, the new laws have worked pretty well down there. Banning all guns would be impossible here, because of the second amendment, but civilians aren't allowed to own most military weapons, so they can be banned. For example, a civilian can't own a shoulder carried ground to air missile launcher, so military assault rifles could be banned -- and were for around ten years.

CD

I have a splinter in my thumb, so small you cannot see it but I can jolly well feel it...can't get the darn thing out :(
I've often found that the tongue is the most sensitive thing for locating a splinter, and frequently that my teeth are the best for getting it out... just saying...

I've often found that the tongue is the most sensitive thing for locating a splinter, and frequently that my teeth are the best for getting it out... just saying...

I have a small lump where the blighter is but just cannot get at the thing. I am right handed and it is on my right thumb

I have a small lump where the blighter is but just cannot get at the thing. I am right handed and it is on my right thumb

I use a sewing needle and a pair of tweezers. You dig the splinter loose with the needle, and use the tweezers to remove it. Put some topic antibiotic cream on it to get rid of the redness and stop the pain. Yes, this method hurts, but your thumb will feel great soon after you get the splinter out and put the cream on.

CD

I use a sewing needle and a pair of tweezers. You dig the splinter loose with the needle, and use the tweezers to remove it. Put some topic antibiotic cream on it to get rid of the redness and stop the pain. Yes, this method hurts, but your thumb will feel great soon after you get the splinter out and put the cream on.

CD

It is too small to see so cannot. May try an old trick of soap and sugar on a plaster to draw it out. It is crazy painful.

As CD says, pin or needle (sterilise it first) and then dig pulling the skin away with the needle... then savlon overnight.... savlon overnight may also bring it to the surface as well. (This usually works for me....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom