The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vivid Festival 2023. Lightscape in the Royal Botanical Gardens and a pic of the bridge from Circular Quay.
CBC81F07-40AC-4BA3-B8F9-7E5E4783B207.jpeg

9D39DDB0-57BB-42E3-81D0-E8B9A99FEA17.jpeg

561A2F38-2737-4B33-9C39-685B6900CE03.jpeg

I had that a couple of months ago, got excused during selection by the defense, and I found out later they’d thrown the case out.

I got either $15 or $25, can’t remember which.

Here, you get something like $14 per day, but only if you actually serve on a jury. My last jury duty summons, I spent two days in a room full of potential jurors going through void dire (jury selection process), and wasn't chosen. I got nothing.

CD

I've been a bit quiet because since last sunday I've restarted a connection with both my parents, and they've responded positively. So I've spent a lot of time talking to them and not on other social media.
I hope it works out for you. 🤞

My ex-step father has also reached out via my sister wanting to see my husband and I when we holiday to the UK in October. We've agreed if he comes to us (he lives a long way south and we've a family wedding to attend amongst other "fun".) We've not really spoken since the divorce decades ago.

I hope it goes well for you, Windigo !

We’re in a bit of the opposite boat here - few years ago, pre-pandemic, my husband became completely estranged/disowned by his parents (by the parents’ choice). I won’t go into the reasons because they’re long and very stupid, but we haven’t had contact with them in several years.

My husband’s close friend recently went through the same thing (although it was a long time coming in that case), so we’re supporting him as he navigates the change as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom