The General Chat Thread (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am naturally fair with red running through so have to be sensible, red and painful is not my thing.
Nope, I can imagine. My Indonesian genes enable me to stand this weather without sunscreen normally ( I actually can get really dark) but due to my illness and medicine my Dutch genes are far more visible and I also have almost porcelain skin. Just two hours of exposure can turn me red now.

:rain::rain: Nice and steady so hopefully this will revive our garden.
Were supposed to get rain today. Were in a moderate drought. I hope Canada gets the rain the need to put out or at least damper the fires.

It’s raining now where I am! It’s supposed to rain all night and into tomorrow. I’m thankful, we really need it - garden was dry as a bone and my water barrel was pretty close to empty.

Not sure if the areas with the fires are getting any rain (Canada’s a big country, after all) but I am happy that the air quality has improved here and it doesn’t smell like smoke outside any more.

Same here, and it rained off and on all day today. Yippee!

I watered the backyard and herb/pepper garden, which pretty much assured that we would get rain. :facepalm:

We got rain and hail. Only about marble size at my house. The tornado sirens went off, but no tornadoes. Just South of me, they got some pretty nasty hail...

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 9.18.17 PM.png

CD

Well, went to bed, and now another storm is coming through Frisco. I don't know how strong it will be, but it is quite loud.

CD

Today has been really hot but a bit overcast at times. Just after 5pm the storm started, more thunder and a lot more rain than yesterday, also today a few flashes of lightening that we didn't have yesterday. The air feels much fresher.

It rained a lot yesterday and the temps dropped quite a bit. It was 55F/13C when I woke up. It's a bit windy as well. I think the high is going to be 62F/17C today? Last week we had temps in the 90sF...this is a welcome relief from the heat.

Today has been really hot but a bit overcast at times. Just after 5pm the storm started, more thunder and a lot more rain than yesterday, also today a few flashes of lightening that we didn't have yesterday. The air feels much fresher.
My parents and my brother both said they had a bad thunderstorm (constant for ½ hr, which is mild in Aussie terms but bad for Cheshire). Someone my brother knows through being a driving instructor had their garden struck by lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom