The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are thank you. We move on tomorrow but will stop at Myvatn Naturebath, really looking forward to it, we have been to the Blue Lagoon last time in Iceland. Trouble is I am uncomfortable stripping naked infront of other women to shower, I am body conscious so a bit awkward but just have to get on with it.

https://www.myvatnnaturebaths.is

@Lullabelle

I can empathise with you ..

We prefer good Hotels on our trips .. We fly as we enjoy it and then we use public transport to get where we wish to around the city we are visiting ..

I hate cars and have never driven ..

My husband drives (has a car too. ) and he rents a car when we travel to France or Italy or Switzerland ( mostly ) and we prefer to stay in places where we have accumulated "Points" .. Also we are in the travel business so we book way in advance and get good good rates ..

We flew to Bucharest, Romania last year in March, 2016 and an old lady friend of our´s from university who lives in Bucharest picked us up at the Airport and chauffered us through Translyvania, with her husband ..

It was quite an astoundingly amazing trip .. We were there 21 days .. We spent 13 nights in Brasov and 7 nights in Bucharest Capital ..

I must run .. It is 23.00 and I want to relax as I must get up to provide a tour day for a group on Wednesday and have to get up at 6am to get ready and meet the group at their hotel ..

All my best and have a lovely trip.

@Lullabelle

I can empathise with you ..

We prefer good Hotels on our trips .. We fly as we enjoy it and then we use public transport to get where we wish to around the city we are visiting ..

I hate cars and have never driven ..

My husband drives (has a car too. ) and he rents a car when we travel to France or Italy or Switzerland ( mostly ) and we prefer to stay in places where we have accumulated "Points" .. Also we are in the travel business so we book way in advance and get good good rates ..

We flew to Bucharest, Romania last year in March, 2016 and an old lady friend of our´s from university who lives in Bucharest picked us up at the Airport and chauffered us through Translyvania, with her husband ..

It was quite an astoundingly amazing trip .. We were there 21 days .. We spent 13 nights in Brasov and 7 nights in Bucharest Capital ..

I must run .. It is 23.00 and I want to relax as I must get up to provide a tour day for a group on Wednesday and have to get up at 6am to get ready and meet the group at their hotel ..

All my best and have a lovely trip.

Sleep tight :sleep:

My wife is going for a check-up at the hospital tomorrow (could be an all day job) and it's the village's day for the application of the anti-mosquito smoke so I have my instructions. Get the cats inside and close all the windows and doors. Also it was my intention to cook a Bratfud Bangla so that's been postponed until Thirsday.

mosquito smoke s.jpg

Happy Independence Day to all of my fellow Americans.

We spent the day on my buddy's yacht in lower NY harbor, across from the Freedom Tower (old site of the defunct World Trade Center).

Pics to follow.

We spent the day on my buddy's yacht in lower NY harbor, across from the Freedom Tower (old site of the defunct World Trade Center).

Pics to follow.
Happy Independence Day.

Thanks. It's only a blood check. She goes twice a year because she thinks her hair is falling out. They never find anything wrong.
Suggest she take a low-dose Vitamin E gel cap every day, if you can get them. I seemed to be losing more hair when I reached a "certain age". A friend suggested it to me because a doctor had recommended it for loss of hair for a family member. Disclaimer: the doctor was a vet, and the family member was their cat. She did tell me that up front, but we both didn't see a reason to not try it. I started with a 200 I.U. once a day. It's become hard to find that dosage size, so I've switched to 400 I.U. every other day. Seems to help. It's been about 15 years and I still have a full head of hair, which can't be said for many of my contemporaries.

Pics to follow.

@buckytom

Sounds amazingly wonderful .. Love the sea .. There is a lovely Dinner or Lunch cruise in Manhattan, aboard the Dutchess or Empress .. Piano Bar Jazz setting with live music and a degustation .. It goes down south on the Hudson and up north on the Hudson. Absolutely unforgettable ..

Did that on my last trip to Manhattan for a tourisim travel convention.

Happy 4th July ..

@TooSweetForMe

A couple of years ago, when we were in Boston, my husband rented a car and we drove to Hyannis Port and took a seaplane to Martha´s Vineyard, Nantucket and Provincetown. It was very beautiful .. We live on the sea and love the sea ..

We truly have had a wonderful time in Manhattan .. It is quite a dazzling dynamic cinematic city .. Reminds me alot of Barcelona and Madrid ..

San Francisco is just amazingly incredible as well .. Extraordinarily beautiful city.

Chicago was quite exceptionally extraordinary too .. The Frank Lloyd Wright brownstones were incredible ..

The other 2 cities, I stayed with my colleagues and took advantage of the hotels .. I stayed at the Disney Resorts, Orlando, The Dolphin for 4 days 3 nights and the Atlanta, the Hyatt. Both top notch 5 star hotels .. Did not have time to explore the cities themselves as these 2 conventions included courses in the latest software for the tourism industry and it was not possible time wise .. I took took advantage of the gym and spa which I enjoy very much !

And the Conventions are held in the Winter time so this could be quite a globe trotting mind blowing experience ..

All my best and have a lovely evening ..
Happy July 4th ..

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all during the conventions. Although I can imagine getting around in the northern cities during the winter is a challenge. We had a quiet 4th. I taped 2 fireworks specials for Mom to watch sometime today. She doesn't do crowds too well and we had a bit of rain yesterday so going out was a no-go.

Thanks. It's only a blood check. She goes twice a year because she thinks her hair is falling out. They never find anything wrong.

Nothing wrong again. She left here at 06:30 this morning and received the results at 14:30 (they never think to go back the next day).

We once went to tax the truck an hour before lunch. After we submitted the documentation the staff all cleared off. I said "We'll pick it up tomorrow". "No" she said, "We'll have to go to the back of the queue then". "Don't talk daft" I said.

We picked the tax disc up the next day, straight to the desk, signed for it and away we went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom