The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are such a sweet Lady 🌸
I am glad your caregiver helps you!

I was thinking to start on next Monday, my mind is focusing too much on weight so I think is better for me to start soon...
My goal is to forget snacks/chocolate/too much carbs in non-conventional hours especially in the evenings when is normally more difficult to dispose of sugars (simple and complex ones).
I would lose at least 6/7 kg within the end of March.
However, I’m going to see the Dry January thread now 👍🏻😊
Try to eat more protein, it satisfies for longer and culls the carb cravings which are really my diet downfall too.

Try to eat more protein, it satisfies for longer and culls the carb cravings which are really my diet downfall too.

Yep, that’s right. I don’t want to get rid of carbs which it wouldn’t be a good thing, only moderate them. And yes, more protein also for my iron level.
I have a good stash of lentils, chickpeas, beans. I’m already thinking about a chickpeas and celery salad with sesame seeds. I think this will be my start on Monday lunch.

You ladies and my wife worry about your weight too much.

Russ

From my personal perspective, there are health issues in my family that make me aware of the fact that I need to be sensible and take of myself, plus I cannot afford to buy new clothes because I cannot fit into a lot of the ones I have now.

Sure. When do you want to start? Lullabelle and I were talking about doing something starting March. That discussion is here: Dry January

I completely understand your plight. Many of us are "out of our routine" because of the lockdowns and such. It's amazing how much exercise we really get just going about our daily lives and how much it slows down when that changes. My biggest barrier is chronic pain. Some days it takes all I have just to shower and get dressed. Fortunately, I have a caregiver with me M-F so I have some help. I refuse narcotic pain meds but that means I'm just TKO'd ("down for the count" as in boxing ;-) when it's a high pain day. Regardless, I have to do something before I go stark raving mad! LOL

Let me know when and where you want to start and I'll be there with you. We can do this! ;-) :hug:

I wanted to have 1 last blow out to celebrate laying dad to rest, but don't think it would benefit me in any way so not going to happen.

Last edited:
Amazing. What degree are you pursuing and what is the topic of your thesis? 3D models sound intriguing.
Not really. I'm 53 and pursuing yet another diploma/degree (two vocational diplomas in horticulture, BTech in environmental planning and three halted master's degree studies in different fields - one lacking just the thesis) but a reasonably comprehensive education/training and lifelong learning is habitual in Finland - especially in these times when there's harsh, global rivalry in the business/design sector and there are no longer many so-called pension posts with jobs or positions that last for one's whole career life.

I spent years as a housewife, studied this and that and played with minor investments in real estate. Then I fell ill with RA - two weeks after gaining my second diploma in gardening (which I loved but which would've required daily walking on sloped terrains and doing hands-on work). I hadn't acquired any notable work experience in other fields so I studied another four years to gain worktop-based design skills. I couldn't find a job/enough customers in environmental planning/landscape design. Apparently people tend to focus on their houses and interiors, as (at least in Finland) garden design is about getting a full scale garden plan for free from the nearest neighbo(u)r or the local garden shop/plant nursery (or for the price of coffee from a professional) during a period of two weeks in April-May.

As the kids left the nest, I felt like an aching loser fit for nothing. Now I keep myself astir/stimulated by broadening my know-how and software skills; the current baccalaureat/bachelor's thesis is about wood veneers in interior and furniture design <yawn>. The undergraduate thesis is not about erudition, academic research, knowledge or writing skills (away from me); I just have to model hundreds of pics of different veneer surfaces in different surroundings and write some general facts and background information. The current design software/programs are relatively easy to use; you just have to learn the basic commands to get yourself going. It's quite fun, really, if you like to fit nice things, colors and pieces of furniture together. However, it's time consuming too: I might sit up and take notice that it's 3:30 am before I hit the sack. There are several distressing issues going on in the family as well. That's why I don't have enough strength or motivation to cook at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom