The Left Over Thread

That thing looks like something Darth Vader would use to cook his dinner

The new models look much more sleeker, streamlined & more stylish!! But the one that I have still works good, so, no need to change over to the new one. Speaking of Darth Vader, you CAN cook a whole meal in it. Saves time. It's kind of like a small mini oven!!
But in any case, you have to have the metal bowl in it for it to work at all. :whistling:

Last edited:
The old ones, (if there are any left), are probably lower-priced for clearance, which means that they are no longer in production. They're probably being scooped up for the savings of a discount price. So if you still want one, You'll have to get it quickly! :whistling:

I think that today is the day for some Chinese fried rice! I'm about to make some. Fisrst come the veggies. They have to be chopped, thyen the chicken is cut into small cubes, then the seasojnings, leftover cold rice & finally, the bean sprouts! I'll post a pic of it when I'm done. Wish me good luck!!:whistling:

As most of you have probably worked out by now, this is the way I always cook. 6 portions (I came from a large family as did hubby) which makes 3 meals for the 2 of us, eaten over today and the following 2 days. I find it makes my time in the kitchen less because I have to cook from scratch with the dairy allergy, so I'll have a day where I spend a couple of hours in the kitchen and the next 2 days I simply reheat or finish cooking whatever it was i prepped.
Tonight it is the baked risotto.

I generally rig the cooking so that the original is undercooked (remember the vegetarian minus dairy side of life). I'll pull aside a double portion to finish cooking for that night, and then the following day, I'll finish cooking (by way of reheating) another double portion... and so on. Anything that makes more than 3 meals will find it's way to the freezer in a double portion if there is enough, or single portion if there isn't. It's easy enough to do with soups, stews, casseroles and risotto etc.

I think that today is the day for some Chinese fried rice! I'm about to make some. Fisrst come the veggies. They have to be chopped, thyen the chicken is cut into small cubes, then the seasojnings, leftover cold rice & finally, the bean sprouts! I'll post a pic of it when I'm done. Wish me good luck!!:whistling:
Ooh, Fried Rice, I haven't made that in a while.
I save up old, dried out Rice until there's enough for a good sized batch.
But I've never tried Bean Sprouts in my Fried Rice, only dry Stir Fried Noodles aka Fried Saimin.
Fried Saimin .jpg

After 30+ years, DH has changed his mind about leftover cooked Pasta.
Previously, it was a tabu to have leftover pasta.
Recently I made a bit too much Pasta and figured I could have it for lunch the next day.
WELL!
When I opened the `fridge, that small portion was gone, he ate it cold as a late night snack while standing over the kitchen sink :laugh:
Now I deliberately make extra Pasta for an easy-quick lunch.
IMG_1565.JPG

DH's lunch today.
I sprinkled some water over the container of cold Spaghetti, nucked it, tossed it with torn Oregano & Parsley leaves, freshly ground Black Pepper, grated Grana Padano Cheese, plated, drizzled over some oil from the Anchovy jar and added some Anchovy fillets on top.
Oh, more Cheese was added after this shot :happy:

B.M. (before Mom came to live with us), I almost always seem to make 3 portions of most things.
Now this worked out perfectly, until we moved my Mother to a Senior Living Community 😊
Now, I still am making 3 portions of most dishes, but then I eat that extra portion for breakfast the next day.
This FREAKS DH out!!
"That's not what you eat for breakfast!"
Me: Who are you, the food police? I can eat what I like anytime of day thank you very much :harrumph:
:laugh:
Well, breakfast literally came from "breaking the fast" of a night's sleep. So if you are eating the first meal of the day, it's breakfast. And I will eat leftover lasagna, leftover burgers, pizza, whatever I feel like eating. And if I get up at noon (which does happen) and eat at 1 or 2, it's breakfast.

Thought of another one folks. Leftover Christmas ham, or the ham bone, is traditionally used in our house to make Split Peas Soup. Anyone else do that?
Bean soup, usually, and yes, but it's not leftover ham for me, I buy ham specifically to use in omelettes and some of it for soup. I am one of those who isn't fond of ham as an entree meat, LOL. I know, I am weird.

View attachment 83078
The new models look much more sleeker, streamlined & more stylish!! But the one that I have still works good, so, no need to change over to the new one. Speaking of Darth Vader, you CAN cook a whole meal in it. Saves time. It's kind of like a small mini oven!!
But in any case, you have to have the metal bowl in it for it to work at all. :whistling:

I've got this one. It's a 9-1 model that has a toaster oven, convection oven, air fryer, rotisserie, and more:
Emeril Power AirFryer 360 | Replace Your AirFryer, Convection Oven
1651013126062.png

Back
Top Bottom