The Left Over Thread

Completely agree on fresh especially basil and coriander. I have to have fresh. I still have both atm.

Russ
OMG Morning Glory is going to spank us, LOL. I will put dried basil in pasta sauce but then add fresh (along with other herbs) to finish. Outstanding.

So this isn't exactly leftovers, but...

Back when pork tenderloins (in cryovac) were on sale over a year ago, a local grocery store had them on sale for $1.99 a pound. I bought several of them and had the butcher grind some of them into minced/ground pork and froze into smaller portions, but a few of them I left intact and froze in the cryovac. They are generally about 2 pounds each (2 tenderloins per package). I am down to my last one and I thawed in the frigerator over a few days. Tonight I am making Iowa pork sandwiches with part of one of the tenderloins.
Iowa Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

1651016407355.png

Tomorrow I will likely take the rest of that tenderloin and make pork fried rice. Then the next night I think I will cube up the remaining tenderloin and use it with beef chunks to make a pasta sauce. So that's kinda leftovers, but not really, since it's just repurposing a large amount of meat (well, too much meat for us to consume in one meal).

One thing I love about it is that if I just want to bake, toast, or reheat something small, I don't have to heat up my big oven to do it. And everything else it does is awesome.
Just like with THIS!! Doesn't feature an air fryer, but I still get very good results from it!! Convection baking is good enough for me!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Just like with THIS!! Doesn't feature an air fryer, but I still get very good results from it!! Convection bake is good enough for me!! :whistling:
View attachment 84300
Right! I had a similar toaster oven with multiple features (not as high tech as the one you have) but the Emeril freed up some counter space by me not having to have both! Yeah, it was pricey but worth it.

Right! I had a similar toaster oven with multiple features (not as high tech as the one you have) but the Emeril freed up some counter space by me not having to have both! Yeah, it was pricey but worth it.

Yup!! Trust me, it feels so nice to have modern conveniences in the kitchen. You'll wonder how you ever got along without them!! Summer is coming! I won't have to heat up the stove's oven either for baking!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Yup!! Trust me, it feels so nice to have modern conveniences in the kitchen. You'll wonder how you ever got along without them!! Summer is coming! I won't have to heat up the stove's oven either for baking!! :whistling:
It's coming up on a year now I've had my Emeril. I had the power xl air fryer for about 3 years before it died. I have had 3 toaster ovens over the past 23 years. Hoping the Emeril lasts a much longer time!

The pork tenderloin sammies were awesome! Pickles, mustard, mayonnaise on brioche buns.

I think I'll have leftover pizza for breakfast.

IMG_1569.JPG

I had two small breakfast pork links leftover from breakfast the other morning... they morphed into 2 Breakfast Quesadillas.
I chopped the sausages quite thinly, added them to a hot pan with melted Bacon Grease.
Stirred in 3 large Eggs, scrambled everything.
In another screamin' hot pan that was very lightly greased, I added a Flour Tortilla, some grated Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese, some of the cooked egg mixture, more cheese and another tortilla.
Pan fried to GBD and fill.
Served warm and crunchy with some Salsa, a side dish of diced Cantaloupe and Tomatoes for DH.
V-8 to wash this all down and that's what I call a pretty complete meal.
YUM!

The black look like nigella seeds or similar. To the front and right and some larger grains of brown
It's actually a short grain white rice, but with the addition of soy sauce and sesame oil (and juices from the mushrooms and some of the other vegetables), it make the grains turn brownish. I do love brown rice too, I just used what I have on hand. There isn't any type of rice I don't love that I can think of!

It's actually a short grain white rice, but with the addition of soy sauce and sesame oil (and juices from the mushrooms and some of the other vegetables), it make the grains turn brownish. I do love brown rice too, I just used what I have on hand. There isn't any type of rice I don't love that I can think of!
I guessed it was cooking that coloured it... larger was a relative description given the size in the photo. I think MG wasn't looking quite as macro as I was and therefore just didn't perceive the grains of rice for what they were.

For brunch today I took some leftover chicken fajita vegetable mixture and scrambled some eggs, added cheese, and turned it into breakfast burritos.

I still have a section of uncooked pork tenderloin, tomorrow I will start some sauce.

Back
Top Bottom