The most recent meal I cooked was ...

@Lullabelle is in the kitchen right now. The smoke alarm hasn't gone off, so it's looking good.

*runs and hides for when Lu reads this*

Oi! Cheeky

Anyway, it turned out ok

P_20161008_173345.jpg

I don't like ketchup, tongue issues. Same with brown sauce. Mayonnaise or better still, senap, runny egg yolks and occasionally wholegrain mustard are my preferences.

Neither of us like brown sauce and I don't like mustard. Mayo doesn't work for me with this meal, however fries do go fantasticall well with garlic mayo.

Neither of us like brown sauce and I don't like mustard. Mayo doesn't work for me with this meal, however fries do go fantasticall well with garlic mayo.
Have you tried senap? It's kind of a kids mustard that is wonderful, not to mention had vinegar and sugar in it... Used to live off it whilst we were in Sweden. Now my OH is working across from Ikea, and more to the point the shopping centre we use doesn't have a decent coffee shop (it has a coffee shop but the coffee is better and much cheaper across the road in Ikea) we will have a coffee every Saturday in Ikea's Cafe (not restaurant) before heading on home. It's a good 45 minute drive each way for the shopping and today we left home at 8am and didn't get back until 2:30pm. Better than expected but still makes for a long day.

Right is only 2C outside and I've forgotten to leave an electric heater on overnight to regulate the temperature. It's also 4:30am, an unheated, uninsulated house and I'm getting cold. I I'm going to try for another 2 hours sleep before my medication alarm wakes me at 6:30am... Night night.

I shredded the cooked roast and am now heating it in the slow cooker. I am going to make an "Arby's" sauce to go on top. Arby's is a sandwich place that does roast beef sandwiches. I love their beef and cheddar's but for the prices they charge I want more than 1 oz of beef. I would do the cheddar part but it is cold and rainy and I don't want to try to walk to the restaurant that sells excellent cheddar.
(The street has been known to flood in under 5 minutes.)

Also trying a pot of beans in my West Bend slow cooker. Want to see if they stick or cook ok.

Have you tried senap? It's kind of a kids mustard that is wonderful, not to mention had vinegar and sugar in it... Used to live off it whilst we were in Sweden. Now my OH is working across from Ikea, and more to the point the shopping centre we use doesn't have a decent coffee shop (it has a coffee shop but the coffee is better and much cheaper across the road in Ikea) we will have a coffee every Saturday in Ikea's Cafe (not restaurant) before heading on home. It's a good 45 minute drive each way for the shopping and today we left home at 8am and didn't get back until 2:30pm. Better than expected but still makes for a long day.

Right is only 2C outside and I've forgotten to leave an electric heater on overnight to regulate the temperature. It's also 4:30am, an unheated, uninsulated house and I'm getting cold. I I'm going to try for another 2 hours sleep before my medication alarm wakes me at 6:30am... Night night.

Last year I had a problem with acid reflux, long story short, I now avoid acidic foods and drinks as much as possible so as much as I love vinegar I rarely ever touch it, my ketchup consumption is also very low.

I'm going to have to try Senap, when we go to Ikea I always stock up on herrings in mustard sauce to feed a mild addiction. If the senap is anything like the sauce they are in then I will be hooked.

I'm going to have to try Senap, when we go to Ikea I always stock up on herrings in mustard sauce to feed a mild addiction. If the senap is anything like the sauce they are in then I will be hooked.
It's a mild sweetened mustard. Comes free in the restaurant so if you want to try it just ask for a tap water glass and put some in it! There is also a version that comes in jars rather than the yellow mustard coloured plastic bottle (cheapest version) and a variety with dill in it.

1476007489305-1032223589.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom