The world food top 50 according to CNN

Definitely not - my youngest two kids are millenials and they are very caring people who see it as important to vote and who want to make the world a better place. Like any generation, there are good caring folk and there are selfish folk (plus a lot of other types of people).

I also only have US millennials to reference. So, I don't know if it is just a "Merican" thing.

CD

Hmm. I have an urge to listen to good music right now.

(Of course, if I like it, and you don't... it's still good music.)

But I'll try to minimize my tastes over yours, and not overrun you with things I like - as long as I can listen to things I like as often as you do, yours... (grin.) Or try to find a happy medium.

I spent a year in a dorm listening to the hideous soundtrack of "Funny Girl" due to a roommate who wanted to be big in Hollywood/Broadway some day. She'd play it two or three or four times a day. Or, more. Unfortunately I was too much of a milquetoast then to not BREAK the thing over her bedpost. It was during the LP days - would have made an amazing snap.)

No, the girl never made it to Broadway.

^^^ I had that same experience with a roommate and a single Jimmy Buffet Greatest Hits CD.

That was when I was 20, and 30+ years later, if I hear JB on the radio, I damn near break my finger changing the station.

Earbuds are one of the great inventions in music history. Yes, there were headphones for a long time, but they generally stayed with the stereo system. Now, we all have stereo systems that are portable, and we can enjoy our music, and others can enjoy theirs, without inflicting our tastes on anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom