Recipe Tomato and Pepper Salad

Local time
9:17 PM
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/tomato-and-pepper-salad.6823/

Bell peppers always go well in salads. They not only add a sweetness to the overall dish, but they also add a touch of colour to any salad dish.

Ingredients:

3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Method:

In a bowl mix the tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, and celery.
Mix the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl, and pour over the salad.
Gently toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

tm1d13_green_pepper_tomato_salad_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Another very simple recipe. Nothing wrong with that. I think the marinading is important. However, I do find it a little strange that the is no oil at all in this salad. Normally, olive oil would feature in a salad like this. Perhaps its intended as a low cal, no fat recipe? Do you have a source for the recipe @Caribbean girl or is it your own?

The image is from a Rachel Rae recipe which does include olive oil as well as garlic and parsley.

Last edited:
This is definitely something that I am going to be trying. It sounds refreshing and a great lunch.

That looks very healthy the vitamin C is no doubt off the charts. Even though I hate the summers in this area..it will be nice to go back to eating more salads again. I would definitely try this one, as I am a major fan of both tomatoes and green peppers. It just looks easy to make and so nutritious. That is something we can all use. Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom